ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-Chatbetter UI and integration

better UI and integration
bhvijaykumar_13124...

Posted: Jan 04, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Guys ,

the current UI is much better then before but still its very rough looking and very difficult to use . The UI is very complex to use, there are many great features but because of the difficulty to use no one will even know about them. Lot of users like me wants a clean UI to work with , less visible features and more clean UI inspires users to use . tooledo is one of the best task manager i have used but never stayed back for long because of this reason. I tried to use custom styles but never very happy with the clumsy way of working with it.

Another improvement is the integration, the main help which users needs is to add tasks (most of the time remaind about a email). Currently its very difficult to add emails as tasks unless we forward them or add a task , but if we are getting lot of emails unless there is a link back to the email. there is no way to manage it . If you look at the todoist, or doit.im they have a plugin which can add tasks and back reference to the emails very clean solution without breaking lot of bucks.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 05, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by bhvijaykumar_13124...:
Guys ,

the current UI is much better then before but still its very rough looking and very difficult to use . The UI is very complex to use, there are many great features but because of the difficulty to use no one will even know about them.

"Difficulty" is relative. There is nothing in TD that I find difficult. Some features are more obscure than others, and it sounds like what you are recommending it making them more so, with which I strongly disagree.

Lot of users like me wants a clean UI to work with , less visible features and more clean UI inspires users to use .

Actually, studies done by MS, and others, indicate just the opposite. The less obvious a feature, the less likely it is to be known and used by the vast majority of users.

tooledo is one of the best task manager i have used but never stayed back for long because of this reason. I tried to use custom styles but never very happy with the clumsy way of working with it.

Not sure what you mean by "Custom Styles". I don't believe TD has such a feature. Can you take a look at TD and post again with what you are referring to in TD terminology?

Another improvement is the integration, the main help which users needs is to add tasks (most of the time remaind about a email). Currently its very difficult to add emails as tasks unless we forward them or add a task , but if we are getting lot of emails unless there is a link back to the email. there is no way to manage it . If you look at the todoist, or doit.im they have a plugin which can add tasks and back reference to the emails very clean solution without breaking lot of bucks.

Connecting a task to an email with a link back is as simple as selecting the email and clicking on the Bookmarklet button. Done. How much simpler can it be? I add an additional step by tagging my emails in Gmail with a "TD" label so I can readily see which ones are TD tasks, but that's strictly my decision, and still pretty quick and easy.

Edit: I forgot when posting this that the bookmarklet isn't currently working with most Gmail. Needs to be fixed.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.