ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatAddicted to task apps?

Addicted to task apps?
M

Posted: Jan 26, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, my name is M, and I'm an appoholic... (everyone: "HI, M!")

I'm always on the looking for something that's going to "solve" my seemingly endless task list. As previously mentioned, I'm ADD, OCD, BSC (bat-sh** crazy), and so I have a compulsion to write down as "necessary" any idea that comes into my head.

Toodledo has been great for that.

What it hasn't been great for is helping me deal with the fact that probably 50% of my "tasks" either come to me, or are updated/managed, in Gmail (and other mail providers).

This weekend, I stumbled on a new app: http://www.handle.com/

It's slick. It has EXCELLENT (from what I can see) gmail integration (make a message a task, label/archive the message automatically, snooze, etc.), though I have concerns about privacy. And I'm not sure it's going to be as flexible as TD in managing my tasks that way that I want/need to.

However, as I started to use it, I realized that I can kind of simulate what it does in Toodledo, and keep the flexibility that the multitude of fields and the saved searches give me, in TD.

The one part that's missing is that really integrated access to emails.

I know Gmail integration was discussed as "on the list," back in 2011 and 2012.

I know that the bookmarklet kind of gave me integration (though with a few additional steps), but that it stopped working, but there's an alternative that helps me email a link to TD.

But I can't use these on my iPhone, and I do a lot of task/email cleanup on my iPhone, during downtime.

What are the plans, please, for real Gmail integration (like that that Handle provides, perhaps?) from within TD?
M

Posted: May 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I'm back looking at Handle, again, thinking I'll never find my "ideal" task manager.

I really like how I can turn an email into a task but CONNECT the two, with Handle. Not just hold a link (I have multiple gmail accounts, so the message links saved into a TD task don't really work for me, because I have to know WHICH ACCOUNT the email resides in), but to REALLY connect.

But I love the flexibility/number of categorization fields that I get with TD, that I don't get with Handle.

So again, I'll ask (since no one seemed interested, in January) -- what, if any, are the plans for Gmail integration from within TD?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.