ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-Chatwow, amazing service. how many users so far?

wow, amazing service. how many users so far?
todoing

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

This service is pretty amazing.

how many users does it have? its not gonna shut down I hope!
todoing

who runs this site anyhow, I wish the administrators would tell more about themselves etc., it would be cool :)
Vin Thomas

The developer's name is Jake and you can read more here: http://www.jakeo.com/
Anders

Toodledo is not going to shut down. For one thing, the site is experiencing rapid growth. Also Toodledo is commited to at least 30 more years of operation: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1998/-9354/read.html
That is one of my all-time favorite threads :)
Proximo

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Glad you love the service. Let's keep getting the word out and grow the user base. It will help everyone in the end as Toodledo continues to add improvements.
Tyler

Posted: Jul 31, 2009
Posted by Proximo:
Glad you love the service. Let's keep getting the word out and grow the user base. It will help everyone in the end as Toodledo continues to add improvements.

Yes -- writing reviews of the software for your blog, mentioning in Lifehacker forums/comments (when relevant), thumbing it up on StumbleUpon -- those would all be good ways of increasing the user base, and (hopefully) the budget/manpower of the development.

(Obviously, I'm *not* endorsing spamming of any kind. But if you participate in other forums or sites, or use various social networking sites, it would be good for TD users to offer their assessment of TD when appropriate.)
Claudio

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Posted by Anders:
For one thing, the site is experiencing rapid growth.
Would Toodledo be willing to share some specifics about this growth? For example, number of new users in the past 12 months, total number of users, total number of tasks stored?
Anders

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Frossie posted an interesting link here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/6/1749/-7925/read.html
It is a comparison with RTM, but it shows some impressive numbers like Toodledo unique visitors are up 269.39% over the past twelve months, and there were over 70,000 of us in June.
I would still love to hear some of those stats from Toodledo. The number of tasks stored has to be in the millions.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2009.
lite1

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Posted by Tyler:
Posted by Proximo:

Yes -- writing reviews of the software for your blog, mentioning in Lifehacker forums/comments (when relevant), thumbing it up on StumbleUpon -- those would all be good ways of increasing the user base, and (hopefully) the budget/manpower of the development.

(Obviously, I'm *not* endorsing spamming of any kind. But if you participate in other forums or sites, or use various social networking sites, it would be good for TD users to offer their assessment of TD when appropriate.)

I am happy to see TD grow - it deserves it, and the suggestions for helping it do so are worthwhile. My own approach has to let people I know about it. This is not entirely unselfish as one gets some free time added to ones own subscription. However my primary motivation/strategy is to set up a shared folder with a new person so that they get launched easily and do not clutter up the forum with simple questions.

This allows Anders and TD staff to focus on improving the product. I trust TD to handle any potential surge in growth well; nonetheless, growth at the right pace is always less stessful and I believe ultimately more satisfying.

While TD is fairly intuitive, haven't experimented with my own approach and read the forum for far too many hours, I believe that there are some suggested best practices that are worthwhile to teach newbies so that they get the most benefit early on. One of these is to strongly recommend a Pro subscription unless what they are tracking in their life is very simple.
Edward
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.