ForumsDevelopersNot all tasks syncing

Not all tasks syncing
jaa9972

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I was able to get the sync client installed correctly, and it is syncing. The problem is not all my tasks from Outlook are syncing to Toodledo. In fact, I estimate only about 30% of them are.

Some categories have some of the tasks coming across to Toodledo, others have none of the tasks coming across. None of the categories have all the tasks coming across.

Any ideas why they all wouldn't all be brought over?
keef

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
the application is rate limited to protect the Toodledo web site. It can only create 25 new tasks per 20 minutes. The rest of the tasks are deferred until the next sync.

Give it some time and all of your tasks should come through. If you are still having problems in 24 hours let me know.keef
jaa9972

Posted: Dec 28, 2008
Thanks for the info. Sure enough, it is working like you said.
michael

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
I'm having the same problem with not all tasks syncing from Outlook--and I have given it plenty of time. I've waited an hour between new syncs. I even waited overnight. And still I haven't been able to get past just 54 of my tasks synced from Outlook instead of the full 88.

Thanks for any other advice you may have to deal with this.

UPDATE: Don't know what was wrong, but by doing a "Reset synchronization database," and starting fresh, I was able to sync all my tasks from Outlook to Toodledo.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2009.
kafolske

Posted: Feb 05, 2009
Where do you do resynch the database? I can't find that option. I only see options to delete all tasks or delete my account.
keef

kafolske. This operation is performed on the Outlook client application, not onthe Toodledo web site. pelase be aware however that this shoul be a last resort. If you are having problems please see if there are any other solutions first.
keef
kafolske

Thanks. There are six tasks that are not synching for some reason.

I can not figure out why. I have turned off all filters. They are tasks without start dates and due dates, so I can not determine why they would not sync.

I have waited several hours between syncs.

Update: These tasks only appear to not be syncing. They are part of Two categories in Outlook. When they are transferred to Toodledo, they only reside in ONE category folder, not both.

I am guessing this is expected, but I have yet to read the entire FAQ.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2009.
keef

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
Yes, that is expected behaviour
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.