ForumsDevelopersFiltering tasks by other fields

Filtering tasks by other fields
Zone 3 Launceston

Posted: Jul 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there.

I've been reading up on the Toodledo API 2.0 documentation (specifically the Tasks API, http://api.toodledo.com/2/tasks/index.php) and I can't see any mention of ways to filter results by a "non-standard" field (that is, everything excluding the modbefore, modafter, comp, id, start, and num parameters).

Obviously, tasks can be filtered on the aforementioned, however it seems quite wasteful of bandwidth and processing power on both ends to simply lump everything from one end to the other...

If, for example, I wanted to retrieve all tickets that belonged to folder with the id of 123456, is there a query parameter that I can use to do so? (eg: tasks/get.php?key=xxxx;folder=123456).

Not overly fussed if it's not possible, but if it's available then all the better. :)

Cheers,
- Daniel
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
The 2.0 API was designed for apps that sync with Toodledo since this is 99% of what is using our API. As a result, we removed all stuff that interfered with this and simplified the API to the core functionality required to sync. What you will need to do is sync and cache all the data in your program and then apply the filter locally.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.