ForumsDevelopersAPI v3 Released

API v3 Released
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Dear Toodledo Developers,

Today we are releasing the next version of the Toodledo API to enable a new generation of apps to be built on top of Toodledo's powerful platform.

https://api.toodledo.com

We have been working hard on this for awhile and some of you have been helping us test it. We had a soft release a few weeks ago and several apps have already been built that use version 3 of our API. We think that it is ready for an official launch, so here it is!

You can read all of the improvements at the above link, but here are the highlights.

1) Authentication is now done with OAuth2. This is much more secure and standardized. You no longer need to store a user's passwords. If a user changes their password your app doesn't need to know. You can also now request limited access to a user's account to give customers more trust.

2) You can now read and edit Outlines and Lists.

3) The repeat attribute on a task is now represented as a standard iCal RRule.

4) API documentation is much improved, including a built in API playground for learning how to use the API and sample code in a variety of languages.

We are encouraging all developers to think about migrating to the new API. The old API will continue to work for the foreseeable future, so there isn't a rush. Please let us know if you have any questions. We want to make the API really easy and powerful for all of you.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2014.
safire

Posted: Mar 30, 2014
Hi -- Great to see an update to the API. I wanted to know if the list of changes on the linked page (https://api/toodledo.com) can be considered a complete change list, or if this is only highlights.

Basically, I'm interested in upgrading my existing application that uses the v2 API and want to know just how much I actually need to touch to get it working. The documentation is fairly extensive (both for v2 and v3), and I haven't been working directly with the v2 API for quite a while, so I'm looking for pointers without trying to do a line by line comparison of the two docs.

If the above mentioned list is complete, that looks like it might be enough to go on.

I'd appreciate any feedback from other developers about the migration process from v2 to v3.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 31, 2014
The list of changes on the main API page is only the highlights. There are a few smaller refinements and changes for consistency. A few fields were renamed, the error codes have all changed, and a few other things. It should be pretty straight forwards. We converted our Android app from v2 to v3 in a few days.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.