ForumsDevelopersdelete all tasks in a single command

delete all tasks in a single command
laurentbosc

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

is it possible with the developer API to delete all tasks in a single command ? If not, would it be possible to imporve the API and add it ?

Thanks for your work
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2010
That would be a very dangerous commend, and almost never used. It would be best to just iterate over the tasks, or instruct the user to use the "delete all" feature on our website.
laurentbosc

Posted: Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for your prompt answer.

I understand. I need this in order to create a
synchronisation interface beetween a tool called todolist (offline software) : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/todolist2.aspx

This synchronisation would be, in a first time, a one-way sync
(from todolist --> toodledo), so a 'delete all' command would be useful, but I can do as you say indeed. Moreover, the goal is to make a bi-directional interface, so this 'deleteall' command will be useless at the end.

With this I could see my tasks in toodledo on my iphone.

NB : Other thing. You could see todolist, and how tasks and subtasks are managed, with folders. It is possible (or not) to use folder only for classification. It works well, and there is no limitation of sub-levels.

Kind regards
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I would caution you against blowing away a user's tasks on Toodledo just because they are syncing with your product. They will probably want to do a bi-directional sync. At least warn the user before deleting everything.
laurentbosc

I agree. Perahaps i will manage to do directly a bi-directional sync ;)
Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.