note text
Marc

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

In the api documentation there is a line in an example that says:
<text>This is my note</text>
later some field is discribed as 'note'

Is this the same field? If so why the difference?

Best Regards,
Marc
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2010
If you are talking about the Notebook section, then yes. The text of the note is placed in the "text" field. When adding/edit a note you set it with the note field. Sorry for using different words for the same thing.
Marc

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Thank you.
I thought so.

Marc
andrew

Posted: Apr 09, 2010
Hi Toodledo,

In the API documentation, when talking about task notes, you say "Please encode the & character as %26 and the ; character as %3B." It would be useful if you could point out that other special characters have to be encoded too - for example #. Also I believe this applies to other text fields - like passwords and the task subject - not just notes?

Also, although you say notes can be 32K in length, there seems to be a restriction in the length of a URI, which effectively restricts the length of a note to around 5000 characters. It would be good to know the exact rule we have to obey here to avoid errors.

Thanks,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft
http://www.taskangel.com
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 09, 2010
Thanks for pointing out the omission of the # symbol. As far as note length, you need to use a POST if you want to update a long note since the GET method has a 2000 limit (depending on the browser)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.