ForumsDevelopersProblem with Outlook Sync

Problem with Outlook Sync
hugo.charbonneau

Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Here is the stack I get when I try to run the Sync. It has something to do with IMAP I think. I have a second mailbos (Gmail) set as IMAP. My main (where my tasks are) is POP.

Any ideas?

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:loadSyncInfo() load sync records
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() performing full synchronization
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:performFullSync() method called
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:getAccountInfo() getting account info
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:updateFolderCache() refereshing folder cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:updateFolderCache() refereshing context cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders() syncing outlook categories to Toodledo folders
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063006-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.get_Items()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
keef

Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is this the first tim ethat you have tried to run the applicaiton, or have you pgraded from a previous version.

The most likely cause for this issue is that you don;t have the Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies for your verison of Office installed. These can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Another common cause of this fault is a firewall or similar security product blocking access from the application to Outlook.

Hope the helps
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.