ForumsDevelopers"key did not validate" error after it was working

"key did not validate" error after it was working
pchilton

Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I've been working on an application to sync my tasks with a local system and all was working well until I starting receiving the "key did not validate" error when calling any of the API calls.

This is repeatable now for all calls made to the API.

I have tried to generate a new token in case it has timed out, I get a new token and this still fails.

Just before this started happening all was working fine.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Is it possible that the API is blocking this account because of excessive or ill-formed queries? - I know excessive requests for tokens means a block of 1 hour, but cannot see anything stating any other block...

Any help appreciated!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You must have changed the way you generate the key because we haven't changed anything on our side. If your application get blocked due to overuse, you'll get an error message indicating this. "Key did not validate" means exactly that. Try using the key generator on our API docs page to compare it to your code.
pchilton

After a period of time (and no changes to code) the API calls start to work again. I have added some additional logging of API calls made and replies received and so far since it started working again everything is looking good. I'll post back if this problem re-occurs!

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.