ForumsDevelopersTooredo web interface

Tooredo web interface
ChrisFR

Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hi guys,

I have been a Toodledo user for years, be it of its web ui, iPhone app, then iPad app, etc. I have raged at The Hit List for not being ready and integrated with Toodedo and bemoaned the lack of a good client on Android; in short I love Toodledo.

However Toodledo's web interface has always left me feeling that it could be, er, better.

So, if you are interested in beta testing an alternate interface -- which I dubbed Tooredo -- just let me know. You can see a few screenshots at http://nexus.zteo.com/tooredo-alpha/ and it's a one-page interface.

Also, I am not sure how the good Toodledo folks feel about an alternate web app, so let me know if this is an issue. I created it for my own use so if you don't wish to see it made public, I will live :)

-Chris.
PeterW 

Score: 0 Reference
@Chris - I am interested. Please let me know more about it. Do you need an email address or happy to share here?
Irklak

I would gladly take a look as well.
ChrisFR

Sure, the alpha version is available at http://labs.voilaweb.com/tooredo/

If you try it, please post a comment here. The application itself it not storing your IP address or any other kind of identifying information (on purpose), so I have no way to keep track of how many people are testing it.

I expect many glitches in the user interface, so thanks for your patience.

-C.
PeterW 

Posted: Aug 16, 2010
Thanks Chris. I took a quick look... as you've said, it's still a very early alpha version but it just goes to show that UI improvements can be made to the existing system.
ChrisFR

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
If you have any feedback, I am really eager to hear it, obviously. Let me know what didn't work for you!
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Totally awesome, +1

Natural input parsing is THE feature that make RTM better than TD.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2010.
ChrisFR

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Thanks.

Current input parsing is still very much beta quality, really.
Let me know if you have any suggestion; I would like to spend some time improving it.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
Hello, I just tried out your interface and I really like it! Obviously it needs a bit of work before it could replace the main site but it is a very good start. One thing that would make it more useable in its current state would be if we could click on a link in each task to take us to that task on the main site - that way, any features you haven't yet included in your version would be easy for us to access.

I especially like how easy it is to add new tasks, and the way that you have used a single box as the means of both adding tasks and typing the commands to access/filter the task list.

I think this kind of thing is exactly what Toodledo needs; if several people all create alternative interfaces it gives users more options so everyone can find one more suited to their needs, rather than us all nagging Toodledo's developers to create the mythical "perfect interface" that would suit everyone!
ChrisFR

Posted: Mar 16, 2011
Saskia,

I just saw your post today. Oops.

I liked your suggestion and now when you click on a task to enter view/edit mode, there is a new link called "View on Toodledo"
It relies on Toodledo's search feature, though, so it works for now but I cannot guarantee that it will keep working...

Anyone else has any UI suggestion?

Cheers!
kestutiz

Posted: Apr 11, 2011
I like one line task input!
I'm GTD man, so I'd like to see status and tasks sortered by boxes: inbox (no status), next actions (active or star priority), sheduled (has due date), someday, waiting (or delegated).
Another suggestion is to see tabs (or like with folders names) for easy filtering by clicking on it.
And can be great posibility to filter 2 or more folder in one list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.