ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsPocket informant for Android

Pocket informant for Android
marius.eggerud

Posted: Apr 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Anyone using the app? Please share your experiences, sync issues, locations, widget ...
amart

Posted: Apr 15, 2011
I bought it but I don't use it as my main PIM app, as it doesn't support subtasks yet.
marius.eggerud

What do you use as your main PIM app?
amart

Got To Do but the app developer has stopped working on it, so I am looking at alternatives.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/10090/0/announcement-future-of-gottodo-for-android.html
marius.eggerud

Yes, me too. Have you found any?
Dave

There are a couple of threads that go in depth on the Android apps, but for me the two real contenders are Due Today or Ultimate todo list. Due Today has an excellent UI and the developer will be releasing a big update soon. Ultimate todo is very customizable and has many features including notebooks. I would try each one and see what works for you.
richardpepin.dd

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
I also tried Pocket Informant, but syncing is broken and it has destroyed my toodledo list, contaminating my list to the point I had to start from scrach. After deniyng the problem for 2 month, they finaly updated it, and it's now even worst and force close frequently leaving your data in a very precarious state. I would advise to stay away from that apt for the time being.

I tried Due Today but had some sync problems, not as severe as PI by far, it never contaminated my data, but unpleasant nevertheless.

I now use "Ultimate To Do" and I am very happy. Wiget, add task with 1 clic, custumizable to your hard content or leave as is for a very functionnal to do list manager. I also appreciate the one to one relationship with Toodledo data, including goals, folders, subtasks and notes. Even status, tags and stars are the same, as well as tasks that are recurents. And very important, syncing is reliable and have never failed. The interface which used to be ugly is now quite pleasant with the last update. Support is first class and all my questions have been answered promptly, quite a change from PI's forum. UTD doesn't have a calendar so I use Business Calendar and the combination makes this arrangement the best of breed. I've separated events from tasks, and I can now see both concepts at a glance in it's own wiget side by side and a clic on the wiget brings me in full screen detail/edit mode for each. The picture of what's going on have never been so clear.
tina.flauger

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
I've been using it for two or three years on WM 6.5 and now use it on Androids. The androud version is not yet as customizable as the WM version but really good work anyway. It syncs fine, matches the toodledo folders and status correctly and the categories on PI to the tags in toodledo (minor problem: what has no status goes to inbox in toodledo in accordance with GTD, but on toodledo gets status=none, bad fpor the sorting sequence in the views). I try to stick strictly to GTD and the combination of PI and toodledo does just fine for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.