ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook 2007 Toodledo: Unwanted Reminders

Outlook 2007 Toodledo: Unwanted Reminders
Eric

Posted: Jun 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

again I gave the Chromatic Dragon Toodledo syncing tool for Outlook a try and still encountered the same problem as in 2009 (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/4333/0/automatic-reminders-in-outlook-after-sync.html):

Sync between Toodledo website and Toodledo iPhone app works very well. Due date and due time of tasks are synced without any problem. Usually I don´t use reminders but when necessary they work well too.

Outlook 2007 apparently just uses due date but no due time for tasks at all. Not easy to understand but no problem so far.

Now there is one problem when syncing tasks from the Toodledo website to Outlook: The due time of the task in Toodledo is changed to a reminder time in Outlook, so I get useless and nervestriking reminders on my desktop all day long.

In the options of the chromadrake syncing tool I haven´t changed the task reminder interval from "0" yet.

Is there anybody here with the same configuration Outlook 2007 <-> Chromadrake syncing tool <-> Toodledo?
Do you have the same problem with due time when syncing?
Did you find any way to induce Chromadrake to ignore the due time when syncing from Toodledo to Outlook?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers
Eric
kgorosh

Posted: Jun 03, 2011
Hi - I work it the same way you do - with the Chromadrake Syncing tool between Outlook 2007 and Toodledo (on 2 PCs - work and home). I will make note of how this works and get bck to you. I know there is a disconnect between the "priorities" (low,normal, high) in Outlook vs Toodleo. I think the problem does come from Outlook not having a "due time" - let me play with this and get back to you.
KG
Eric

Posted: Jun 05, 2011
Hi kgorosh,

your help will be very much appreciated!

At first I would suggest to add a test task on toodledos website with due time and without reminder, then sync, then have a look whether the task has a reminder in your Outlook or not.

Thanks
Eric
Eric

Posted: Jun 08, 2011
Hello,

is there anybody out there who is syncing his tasks between Outlook and Toodledo using the Chromatic Dragon syncing tool?

Thanks
Eric
Eric

Posted: Jun 11, 2011
Hello,

are there really no users around who are syncing Outlook with Toodledo using the Chromatic Dragon syncing tool?
Or is anything wrong with my postings?

Confused
Eric
Eric

Posted: Jun 13, 2011
Could anybody please state if my questions are still clearly readable?

Thank you very much in advance
Eric

This message was edited Jun 13, 2011.
daniel_h

Posted: Jun 19, 2011
Yes, I have the same setup and the same issue. It doesn't bother me that much, as I don't use the due time field much.

I would have seen your post a lot sooner if it had been in one of the other forums.

Daniel
Eric

Posted: Jun 19, 2011
Thank you, Daniel!

Meanwhile I disactivated the reminder sound, now it doesn´t bother me that much as before either.
eran.999

Posted: Sep 18, 2011
anyone found a solution for reminders synch?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.