ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDesktopTodo 1.3

DesktopTodo 1.3
hfzp

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,

DesktopTodo 1.3 has been released. More about it here :

http://www.desktoptodo.com/2013/07/desktoptodo-13.html

This release fix a critical issue with note that has length more than 4000 characters. It also feature multi edit date. Below is the detailed changelog :

* add multi edit date
* fix : crash when task and notebook has long notes (more than 4000)
* fix : general task selection (completion, future, low priority and status) not updated after item edit and delete even after being refreshed
* other minor changes

Thanks,

Hafiz
hfzp

Posted: Jul 20, 2013
Hi,

DesktopTodo 1.3.1 has been released. You can check it out more here :

http://www.desktoptodo.com/2013/07/desktoptodo-131.html

Updates since 1.3.0 :

- add highlight on special start/due date : today, tomorrow, overdue
- fix : start/due date sorting wrong for some times

Thanks,

Hafiz
Richard Masters

Posted: Sep 19, 2013
Hi Hafiz

I have just installed DesktopTodo v1.3.1 and I am slightly disappointed at how long it takes to load. It is over 5 seconds before I see a splash screen and then a further 25 - 30 seconds before the application is available.

Is there a reason for this long load time - I don't think it has to do much at that point? I haven't used the application much yet because it is still quicker to fire up Chrome and use Toodledo web, but it looks like it could be a really good desktop task management app if it could be speeded-up.

Thanks, Richard
hfzp

Posted: Oct 01, 2013
Hi Richard,

I am sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with 1.4 development and haven't been monitoring this forum often lately. It's been released BTW and I'll be posting it on another post.

I am aware of first load time issue and still trying to minimize it in the process. However, some part of the load time can be a bit tricky to suppress. .Net Framework and third party libraries that I use already contribute to some initial loading time before my code have a chance to do anything yet.

It's not an excuse though, just want to give some picture on factors contributing to initial loading time. I am hoping to allocate more time to do more profiling and optimizations to speed things up after some more functionalities has been implemented/established (I still have some on my lists). Hopefully, the initial loading time can be reduced more.

Thanks,

Hafiz
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.