ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAction Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app

Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
software

Posted: Oct 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've been notified that version 2.1.0 of Action Lists has been accepted by Apple. It should appear in the App Store within the day. Version 2.1.0 adds some new features and fixes some bugs.

These changes are included in version 2.1.0:

* Added a Quick Task screen that makes it easy to quickly add several tasks at a time.
* Added the ability to convert a task to a project. This is intended to be used primarily for Inbox items. Upon review, it might become apparent that an entered task should instead be a project. This feature is meant to make that more seamless.
* Added a small icon to task cells in lists to indicate if the task has a note assigned to it.
* Changed all "Add" icons (with a plus sign) to "Compose" icons, to make them clearly differentiated from the new Quick Task feature.
* Changed all "Save" buttons to "Done" buttons to make them consistent with keyboard Done buttons.
* Polished the interface. Table rows text now display as white text on a blue background (as suggested by the iPhone Human Interface Guidelines). Changed all table row icons to display as white when highlighted.
* Improved checkbox interaction. Increased landing area for checkbox taps, and added a glow around selected checkboxes.
* Fixed a rare crashing bug.
* Fixed a few other minor bugs.

For more details and screenshots, visit the Action Lists homepage.

This message was edited Oct 26, 2009.
kevk818

Posted: Nov 05, 2009
Has anyone done a detailed comparison of Appigo TODO, Toodledo, Pocket Informant, and Action Items for the iphone? Anders I think you were planning on doing one...any progress?
c.e.perry

Posted: Dec 03, 2009
Version 2.2.0 of Action Lists is now available in the iPhone App Store. Version 2.2.0 adds some new features and fixes some bugs. These changes are included in version 2.2.0:

- Added search to all major lists. Just scroll to the top of the list to search.

- Changed task detail display so that when you tap a task's note, it takes you to a screen that parses the note for web addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers and displays them as hyperlinks. When those hyperlinks are tapped, Safari, Mail, or the Phone are opened, as appropriate.

- Action Lists can now turn the contents of your clipboard (or "pasteboard") into tasks. Just copy text that contains the titles of tasks (perhaps from an email you received), click on the lightning bolt to open the Quick Task screen, dismiss the keyboard, and use the button in the toolbar. This feature will turn each line of text in your pasteboard into a separate task.

- Improved the user interface.

- Fixed a bug that offset due dates and start dates when leaving Daylight Savings time.

- Fixed some other minor user interface bugs.
c.e.perry

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
I’m happy to announce that a new version of Action Lists GTD Task Manager is now available in the App Store. Highlights of this version include:

* An “Active” status has been added that will allow users to better plan out their projects. (Active tasks don’t appear in action lists/context lists.)
* Automatic task queuing that promotes Active tasks to Next Actions whenever a task is completed. (This is sometimes referred to as “sequential projects”.)
* A new “Due Soon” feature that highlights tasks as their due date is approaching.
* Localizations. Action Lists is now available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese.

Action Lists was built from the ground up to support Getting Things Done, and I think that you'll find that these most recent changes have made Action Lists an even better tool to support GTD on your iPhone or iPod touch. A full list of changes in this version can be found on the Daze End Software blog. I hope that you'll check it out.
kyith.place

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Hi all, i tried charles' app and have to say i never knew there could be one application that might replace appigo todo but really it does.

do read up my review on actions lists to find out its features >> http://www.productiveorganizer.com/to-do-list/nested-task-list-for-iphone-action-lists-review/

alternatively you can contrast to appigo todo, which i really like and used for some time as my defacto list. here is how i use it for GTD >> http://www.productiveorganizer.com/to-do-list/gtd-series-appigo-todo-on-iphone-review/
David

Posted: Jun 09, 2010
20+ free tasks managers later and now I think I've finally found the best GTD iPhone app! This wasn't an easy purchase for me because it's 10 dollars and most apps seemed to get abandoned every 6 months or so but this one is worth it imo. It's not cluttered with features I don't want and everything I do want to see is laid out perfectly in front of me.

The only 2 issues I have with this app so far is 1) It needs a Calendar view to set due dates like Todo and Taska and 2) This is more of a nitpick but I wish it had more visual elegance to the UI like Things and Taska. But other than that, keep up the great work! I will be using this on my iPhone from now on and looking forward to the iPad version :)
c.e.perry

Posted: Jul 03, 2010
Hey guys! I'm excited to announce that the new version (v2.5.0) of Action Lists GTD Task Manager is now available in the iPhone App Store. Action Lists was built specifically for the Getting Things Done (GTD) system, and syncing to Toodledo. I hope that you'll take a look at Action Lists in the App Store, and consider a purchase.

To celebrate, here are some promo codes good for a download of Action Lists from the App Store. (Good in the U.S. App Store only. Sorry.) Just redeem them in iTunes like a gift card. Enjoy!

Promo Codes:
99PTTALP4KXN
A7TFEYTTNR4T
6JK4NAXWMYYN

Below is a list of improvements in this version. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email or on Twitter.

New in this version:

* Compatible with iOS 4.
* Updated icons to take advantage of Retina Display in iPhone 4.
* More robust syncing with Toodledo
* Table cells now dynamically resize their height to accommodate long task titles
* Added option to sort lists by context.
* Long lists should now scroll faster and more smoothly.
* Updated application icon

This message was edited Jul 03, 2010.
David

Posted: Jul 04, 2010
Thanks for the update and the new app looks fantastic on the iPhone 4 :D I'm not really a super strict GTD'er and would love the option to see all next actions alone with customizable icon badges in a future update if possible. Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 04, 2010.
c.e.perry

Can you explain what you mean by "customizable icon badges?" I'm not really sure what it is you're asking for.
David

Icon badges from due date tasks, next actions, etc. Also I'm not sure what triggered this but it looks like the app stopped syncing with toodledo all of a sudden. I don't remember what the message exactly said but I'm going to delete and reinstall the app again.
c.e.perry

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Version 2.5.2 of Action Lists is now available in the App Store. This version is a bug fix version that includes these changes:

- Fixed issue where date picker could appear off by one day if your local timezone was far removed from the Pacific (U.S.) timezone.

- Fixed note icon on task cells (only for non-retina display screens)

- Fixed bug that sometimes prevented Action Lists from opening on the last viewed tab.

- Fixed some crashing bugs.
c.e.perry

Posted: Jul 30, 2010
A new update to Action Lists is now in the App Store. The big new feature in this version is a calendar-based date picker for due dates and start dates. You can download the update from the iPhone App Store.

Changes in version 2.6.0:

- Added new calendar-based date picker.

- Added the ability to email entire lists. This works for the inbox, contexts, projects, someday list, and waiting list.

- New artwork for non-retina display devices.

- Fixed manual sorting for Contexts.

- Minor user interface improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.