ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWhich 3rd Party Apps are still being developed?

Which 3rd Party Apps are still being developed?
BrianDLees

Posted: Sep 22, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I was wondering which of the 3rd party apps listed on Toodledo are actively being developed? I recently started using TaskuUnifier just to find that it is no longer being developed so is a dead end. I now am thinking of DesktopTodo but I notice there have been no additions to the website for nearly a year.

Would it be possible for Toodledo to have a 'last active' date on the list of 3rd party apps to help users? It could be the responsibility of the developer to periodically ask Toodledo to update it so that if they get bored and stop developing it is easy to see which apps are ageing.
jeremy.alles_1305547905

Posted: Oct 25, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Disclaimer: I'm the lead developer of 2Day

2Day is a todo-list that runs on Windows. I currently supports Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 as well as Windows Phone. A major update is coming very soon for Windows 10. 2Day syncs with Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, 2Day Cloud and... ToodleDo :-)
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 25, 2015
IMO whether an app is 'actively' being developed is not as important as whether it works well with all the Toodledo features and syncs perfectly. There are many apps which are 'actively being developed' and constantly updated because there are a lot of bugs and a lot of developmental work still to be done.

I have been using the android app "Ultimate ToDo List" for a couple of years and it has served me well. I am a power user of TD who does a lot of customization in the TD web, and I like the same reflected in my mobile android app. UTDL has some features that go beyond TD and are really useful (eg. 2-way sync with GCal, persistent reminders in my notification panel, easy custom saved search views setup, etc.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Sounds like your mostly interested in desktop tools, of which I know nothing. But since your question did not specify, I'll chime in for the benefit of others to say that Pocket Informant is very much alive and well. I have been using the full featured 7-day trial for a couple of days now, and have been getting prompt, same-day replies to questions I've had. The site is also active and current. I'll add that I'm finding the app to be very similar in features to TD, though I'm not synching with TD (using it for my personal task manager) and finding the interface, though a bit cluttered, considerably more intuitive and user friendly than TDs iOS app. It even has some features I wish TD had, like a full-featured calendar, Notes section (with full search capabilities) and direct connection to my Contacts list. So far, I'm very impressed. It's also very reasonably priced at $10, one-time fee, which is considerably less than it's competitors at this level (high end).

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it at the end of the free trial, if not before, unless I find a glaring problem in the meantime. If I do find a problem, I'll post back here.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.