ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsMajor sync issue...

Major sync issue...
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have no idea what creates the problem, and I am sure if I ask Toodledo admins I'd be redirected to 2Do support.

Basically, I am syncing 2Do on iPhone and iPad to Toodledo.

I am getting all my tasks duplicated every couple of days.

Except that they ONLY get duplicated on Toodledo web. Both 2Do clients stay perfectly in sync, changes made on one client are reflected on another, yet Toodledo web has two sets of tasks. At some point, it seems one set of tasks stops updating. It's like at some point, Toodledo decides to treat data synced over as new tasks.

I have deleted all tasks from Toodledo Web and from 2Do on one of the devices and re-synced them back at least twice now.

I looked in settings under my account & made sure no other apps have been syncing to it.

I can't use Toodledo iOS apps because of the tiny font size. It makes me squint all the time and not want to use Toodledo at all.

Did anyone ever had a similar problem & found a solution ?

This message was edited Jul 10, 2017.
andrew

Posted: Jul 29, 2017
Hi,

I'm the author of TaskAngel, which also syncs with Toodledo. In the past we have introduced bugs in our app that caused tasks to be duplicated. These are usually easy to detect but often they are hard to fix because there are so many things that can cause them.

I don't recall ever seeing tasks duplicating due to problems with Toodledo. And I didn't see any duplication problems over the period you asked about.

My first port of call would be to suspect a problem in 2Do and work with them on a fix.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 30, 2017
Posted by andrew:
Hi,

I'm the author of TaskAngel, which also syncs with Toodledo. In the past we have introduced bugs in our app that caused tasks to be duplicated. These are usually easy to detect but often they are hard to fix because there are so many things that can cause them.

I don't recall ever seeing tasks duplicating due to problems with Toodledo. And I didn't see any duplication problems over the period you asked about.

My first port of call would be to suspect a problem in 2Do and work with them on a fix.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have traced the problem to Toodledo on iPad. It is possible that there was an issue between it and 2Do, but as long as I don't enable Toodledo native app sync on iPad, I have no problems.
andrew

Posted: Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

Interesting. I don't use the Toodledo App so that explains it.

Regards,
Andrew
seblumenthal

Posted: Oct 21, 2017
i have 1800 notes and unable to sync toddle notes onto task angel ? any advice
andrew

Posted: Oct 24, 2017
Hi Seblumenthal,

I am the author of TaskAngel. Sync with notes should be working fine, so it looks as if you have hit a new problem.

Please put your details into our contact page at https://www.taskangel.com/contact/

I will then come back to you, to work on a solution.

Thanks,
Andrew
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.