ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsToodleTask 3.3 Released for Android. One touch to Task entry.

ToodleTask 3.3 Released for Android. One touch to Task entry.
hlascelles

Posted: Sep 24, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
ToodleTask has reached version 3.3!

It is completely free, with no ads, and can be found on the Play Store.

ToodleTask was written with one purpose in mind: to allow users to add tasks to ToodleDo quickly. I found that too many task apps required navigating through the main screen and additional menus to add tasks, or didn't allow easy setting of defaults and overrides.

Instead, ToodleTask launches you straight into the task entry field from one tap, with customisable defaults. Two configurable entry buttons can then be used to add tasks for different scenarios (think "Home" and "Work"?). It doesn't try to do anything else like sorting/filtering/presenting your backlog. It is quick capture at its best.

Following GTD methodology, you can use this to spend less time following fiddly processes to enter tasks / write down the name of a tune you've just heard / record an idea, and more time enjoying a beer with the person sitting opposite you!
jmantak

Posted: Sep 26, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
excellent!
akorvemaker

Posted: Sep 27, 2017
I've been using ToodleTask for years. It's always been simple and awesome.

This new version is even better. Thanks!
hlascelles

Posted: Oct 14, 2017
That's great to hear, it really is!

I'm actively looking at more integrations - but of course keeping it as simple as possible. Next up might be:

- Completely hands free. "OK Google, add a task to buy the milk".
- A widget button to launch the voice capture straight off the home screen.
- A show "paste clipboard" button option.

Any ideas welcome...
akorvemaker

Posted: Oct 27, 2017
OK Google support could be really handy if it's easily possible. I would use that.

If it doesn't clutter the settings interface, I'd like the ability to turn off Toodledo options that I don't use. I don't use Due Time (ever), but it still appears in the little drop down when creating tasks. It's mildly distracting.

That's all I can think of. I just find it a really useful little app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.