ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsGoogle Ical Subscriptions: non-repeating tasks only?

Google Ical Subscriptions: non-repeating tasks only?
lowrancesr

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I really like the ICal subscription - I can see the tasks on their due date in my calendar. But my daily repeating tasks fill up the calendar. Is there some way to separate the repeating from non-repeating tasks for the purposes of the Ical connection? Thanks.
Anders

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
There is no way to cutomize the iCal subscription. You could export your tasks as an iCal file, and then edit it, and import to Gcal, but that would require some know-how, and also be a lot of work since you would have to redo it every time you changed or added tasks.

You could also copy your most important tasks to your main calendar, and then hide the Toodledo calendar.

Finally, there is a Google Calendar gadget that doesn't place your tasks in your calendar, but allows you to view them by clicking a check box.
lowrancesr

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Thanks for the info. I have actually been using the different gadgets, including the one you mentioned - the Google Calendar gadget that places a check-mark in the date. It's OK, but I prefer the easy survey of my calendar to see when something is due. Most of my repeating tasks are in their own "folder" to make them easy to see (or filter out) in the standard web page view. Doesn't look like there is an equivalent for the calendar.
BTW, some mysterious entries appeared in my Toodledo calendar today (not the Ical, the "gadget" calendar). It says they were created by Toodledo. I don't mind but it seems like the developers might want to know.
Anders

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
A customizable iCal subscription has been suggested before, mostly by Folder, and it would be very cool.

As for the mysterious entries, that is a Google issue that started today. You can read more here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2573/0/why-do-i-see-other-peoples-entries-on-my-calendar.html
robert

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I'd like to post a request for customizing the ICAL url... The recurring tasks fill up my calendar as previously noted by another user... I'd like to just have it display tasks that are coming up with a set due date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.