ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsCannot sync Outlook - Authentication failed

Cannot sync Outlook - Authentication failed
tai-tak.wan

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi
Sorry if it duplicate, but I have gone through all the msg and cannot find the answer.

I am absolute new to Toodledo, and try to sync it with Outlook Calender and contact. This is my workplace computer and I want to sync with my home computer then with my iphone.
I install the Tooledo sync, but First run shows "Authentication Error". I am behind a organization's firewall/proxy, and I already tried to use the url address of the proxy without success.

On the other hand Google Calender sync works perfectly. But I want to sync more.

Please kindly advise and help. Thanks.

Regards
LayZComputerGeek

Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Hey, I'm new here as well, but that doesn't stop me from voicing an opinion. If I were you, I'd try to install the Outlook sync app at home. If it does install, note the differences, like the firewall, the different versions of Outlook, or the settings on Outlook.

Do you have full-up admin rights to your computer at work? Normally, companies try to limit an employee's access, that's something else to consider.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Anders

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but have you checked the information on this page?
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
tai-tak.wan

Posted by LayZComputerGeek:
Hey, I'm new here as well, but that doesn't stop me from voicing an opinion. If I were you, I'd try to install the Outlook sync app at home. If it does install, note the differences, like the firewall, the different versions of Outlook, or the settings on Outlook.

Do you have full-up admin rights to your computer at work? Normally, companies try to limit an employee's access, that's something else to consider.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Thanks.
I havd admin right to my own computer and can install programs, but I am not sure about "full-up admin rights".
It probably does not involve outlook yet, as the "first run" of the sync is the problem.

Regards,
tai-tak.wan

Posted by Anders:
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but have you checked the information on this page?
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Yes I have already read that page before I posted the question.

I suspect the proxy / firewall is the issue. I don't understand why google calender sync has no problems

I think I have to give up toodle unless someone can help pass through the first run hurdle.

Thanks.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2009.
Anders

I'm sure the developer will answer your question. He keeps up with the posts in this forum pretty well.
gordon.campbell

I also have error with outlook 2007

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : AccountDetailsUserControl:testAuthenticate() There is an error in XML document (1, 40). at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at ToodledoClientLib.EntityFactory.GetAccountFromXml(String xml)
at ToodledoClientLib.ToodledoProxy.testAuthenticate(String userName, String hashedPassword)
at SyncApp.UserControls.AccountDetails.testAuthenticate()
keef

Posted: Aug 08, 2009
try restting you userid and password using the account panel on the options page. keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.