ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDuplicate Synchronization Iphone, Outlook, Toodledo

Duplicate Synchronization Iphone, Outlook, Toodledo
djcdjc1

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I am using the Outlook Synchronization program, I had opened an account on your website and then I also have Toodledo on the iphone. I did this so that I could continue using Outlook tasks and needed to get them into my iPhone. I am having trouble with all the tasks not syncing but recopying on all three areas. So I start off with 2 tasks and end up with 6 + of the same task. Is there a fix for this or do I have something set up incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
keef

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
This is usually caused by an error occurring during the synchronization process. Feel free to mail me a trace log (developer(at)chromadrake.com) and I'll have a looka t it.

You can generate a trace log by checking the 'show trace' box on the diagnostics panel of the sync application options page.
keef
djcdjc1

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
I clicked the trace log last night. However it has nothing in it except a blank screen. Are you able to access the log or is there something I need to do.
Darlene
keef

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
You need to enable the trace log then run a manual sync
djcdjc1 Post deleted
djcdjc1

Posted: Aug 25, 2009
above is the log. What started out as just one task has duplicated to 1817 in less than 2 days.
Any help would be appreciated. I am going to delete everything off of Iphone, Toodledo and my Outlook.
Darlene

This message was edited Aug 25, 2009.
djcdjc1

Below is the rest of the log that would not fit onto the page above.
Sorry it had to be broken up for you.
Darlene

djcdjc1

yncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: There is an error in XML document (119, 1).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at ToodledoClientLib.EntityFactory.GetNotesFromXml(String xml)
at ToodledoClientLib.ToodledoProxy.GetModifiedNotesAfter(DateTime dateTime)
at SynchLib.NoteSyncController.CheckForModifiedNotes()
at SynchLib.NoteSyncController.SynchronizeNotes()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.PerformSynchronization()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.Synchronize()
at SyncApp.frmMain.PerformSync()

djcdjc1 Post deleted
keef

um, you've just posted the details of your notes and tasks for the whole internet to see. my advice was to email the trace log, not post it.

I think the root cause of your issue is that there appear to be non-ascii caharcters saved in your notes (probably from the emails that you have cut and pasted)e.g. 

Try cleaning these up, or try temporarily disabling notes synchronzation through the options panel to see if this improves things
keef
haeffb

I didn't look...
Anders

I only saw what looked like a tasty salad dressing recipe :)
djcdjc1

I deleted the notes however the salad dressing is pretty good.
haeffb

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Dang. Now I wish I had looked.
djcdjc1

Keef:
I think it got fixed. I also read somewhere on the forum that someone had the wrong time which the time was an hour behind. I also changed that to reflect Eastern time. I also deleted all then notes. Did two test tasks. All two have been on my Iphone, Toodledo and Outlook since yesterday. I have done various manual syncs and nothing has been duplicated so far so good. Thank you for all of your help.
Darlene
keef

Thanks for your patience!
keef
djcdjc1

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Keef:
It's still working and I added all my tasks back into Outlook. I have had no issues. I think I am now fixed.
Thanks
Darlene
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.