ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWindows Mobile

Windows Mobile
BRIAN

Posted: Sep 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Being there is no WM app, and I have fallen in love with Toodledo, I have decided to work on a WMSync app. I absolutely have to get this on my phone. I have most of the API wrapper written for CF3.5 and am now working on the backend tasks.
Here is a partial list of what I hope to include
Implement all features of API
Reminders
Multiple Accounts

I really have no time frame to complete this, but considering I see it as crucial to completing all the other tasks on my list..it is high priority. I would hope some limited form could be available no later then mid-October for testing. Would love to hear any feature suggestions here.....

Brian
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
A WM app would be awesome. Are you going to write something to sync with the pocket outlook database, or will it be completely separate? I ask because of the built in tasks' dearth of available task fields, and lack of hierarchy.
BRIAN

I am writing a separate app using SQL CE as a backend for the toodledo data
Anders

Very nice, I was worried about the limitations of the poor built-in database. I probably have a zillion feature suggestions, if I had to narrow it down to a few...

Subtasks displayed intented below parents (would also love to be able to flatten, but indented would definitely be my first preference).

Filtering of deferred Status types.

Touch-friendliness. (I know this must be tricky. I haven't found a good WM task app that has it completely figured out.)

Really my number one request would just be a working app of any kind. This app is the #1 piece of missing software in my life. My phone is so jealous of my iPod right now, and it's tearing them apart. The electronic discord is unbearable.

Let me know if you ever need a tester.
BRIAN

Posted: Sep 20, 2009
Feel free to lay all suggestions out here....I LOVE suggestions.....or email me at [email protected] while removeing the remove
Dave

Posted: Sep 22, 2009
Webis is supposedly working on Toodledo sync for Pocket Informant, which would be excellent. I hope they are.
Anders

WebIS has said they plan to add a Toodledo sync module to PI WM. However, for one thing, Alex has waffled a bit on the issue. At one point he said it was definitely happening, and then later in a forum thread, he said it could be a possibility. I called him out on the contradictory statements, but he did not respond to that post.
Also, I would assume it will just sync tasks to the Pocket Outlook database which PI relies on. That would mean no subtasks (sort of, PI does hierarchy, but it is not saved in PO), and only a couple of available fields to sync which would be really unfortunate.
If PI adds that it would be great, but I think an independent solution for WM that does not rely on Pocket Outlook would be far better.

Additional suggestions for this app:
-Phone number/Email address recognition in the notes field. So I could click on a number and launch a phone call, etc.
-The ability to add/remove stars from the task list with a single tap (hopefully the same for the check/completion box), and additional actions by tap and hold popup menu.
Dave

I asked Alex over twitter today if we could expect the sync app in 6mos or 12mos and this was his reply. Hope its true.

"we are actually looking at it now that pi9 is done. So < 6 mnths."

Both of those suggestions you say are available in 9 which was just been launched as a "stealth" release. He posted the link on twitter and his website.
Anders

Yeah, I got PI9. I understand what you're saying. However, my point is that there is no way PI WM can support Status, Context, Tags, Folder, Goal, Notes, Start Time, Start Date, Due Time, Due Date, and Notes. The database they work with just isn't robust enough. Now it is possible that they could write that stuff all into PI itself, but I'm not sure if they would do that, at least not at first.

Anyway, it will be cool if they add that to PI, but it would still be nice to have a Toodledo-centric option as well, and I really don't want to let this thread get too far off the original topic. There are a number of threads on WM in general where we could continue this discussion. I believe I even started a thread a while ago when WebIS announced they were planning Toodledo sync for PI WM.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009.
Anders

Brian, when you say you plan to utilize all features of the API, does that include the Toodledo Notebook as well. Because that would be pretty sweet.
Dave

I am good either way, as long as I don't need Outlook anymore. It would be cool if there was a taskjot type app for WinMo. Maybe with the release of 6.5 and the app store some folks will make one.
BRIAN

Posted: Sep 25, 2009
I haven't looked closely at the notebook functions yet, but I intend to. Its not something I use so it may be in a later version.
drogne

Posted: Sep 26, 2009
Brian, do plan to host the code anywhere?
Maybe I could help at some point.
Thanks,
Dustin
jmdurant

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
This is great. Let us know if you need any beta testing.
paul.homer

Posted: Oct 11, 2009
Looking forward to the release
Oliver Kraft [MMS]

Posted: Oct 18, 2009
are there any program previews at this stage? looking forward to have an windows mobile application which is able to sync to toodledo ...
BRIAN

Posted: Oct 28, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Sorry I have been quiet...spent the last 3 weeks moving...FUN! NOT!

nothing yet Olli, working on getting some things together to start giving you idea of what I am doing.
paul.homer

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Did anything ever happen with this app?
Dave

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Toodledo support for Pocket Informant should be coming up soon, they are beta testing it for PI for BB now. Can't wait to drop Outlook!
Pearl

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Posted by Dave:
Toodledo support for Pocket Informant should be coming up soon, they are beta testing it for PI for BB now. Can't wait to drop Outlook!

Really?? It's the first best news in 2010, same here, i can't wait to drop outlook!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.