ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook no longer syncs

Outlook no longer syncs
petefam

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just got back from a business trip in Texas (2 time zones away). The whole time I was syncing my iPhone with Toodledo and sycing Toodledo with Outlook using Toodledo Outlook Sync. Somehow Toodledo changed my time zone to Texas. I got back to work in Nevada and tried to sync my tasks. Several old, deleted tasks that were stored in Outlook popped back into Toodledo, which deleted. I also was hit with 22 new Windows XP updates. After all this, Toodledo Outlook Sync will not sync my Toodledo tasks with Outlook. I have uninstalled it and installed the latest version of the sync program. I can sync between iPhone and Toodledo just fine. I made sure the sync program has my Toodledo ID in it.

So, here are a couple of thoughts. Can it be related to the timezone change? I changed it back but it still won't work. Maybe I have to delete all tasks and start over. Another possibility is a Microsoft update killed the sync. I looked at the history and the only Outlook specific update was to the Junk Email filters.

Any ideas?
eric.schaeffer

I don't have a solution, but am experiencing a similar problem. If I enter tasks in outlook it synchs to toodledo and to the iphone, but if I enter the task in toodledo, it will not synch to outlook. The iphone is synching with the online version of toodledo, but the outlook to toodledo synch only seems to work in one direction. Very frustrating!
Anders

The best thing to do might be to email a trace log from the sync tool to its developer. His email is listed on the website here: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Contact.aspx

If you have been changing your time zone, and updating your system, you might want to try reinstalling the sync tool fresh.
petefam

Posted: Sep 24, 2009
FYI. I contacted the developer and he was very quick with a response. I sent him my trace log. He confirmed that I had a task in both Outlook and on Toodledo that were different somehow and this was causing the program to choke. I didn't have much time to look closer so I just deleted all my tasks (I only have 11 so if I had a lot more I would have invested the time to find the bad task). Once I had done that and re-entered them all in, it works again. I have a strong suspicion which task it was because I had one left in Outlook after deleting all tasks. But, as I said, this was the quick fix for me.
Anders

Posted: Sep 24, 2009
BTW, the latest version of the Toodledo iPhone app can automatically sync your iPhone timezone with your Toodledo.com timezone. Basically, your iPhone can automatically change its timezone based on GPS, etc. and when the Toodledo app connects to the website, it checks if the timezones match, and changes the Toodledo timezone if they do not. This is convenient if, for instance, you travel a lot, and want reminders to show up at the correct local time. However, it could cause problems if you are syncing Toodledo with other apps (i.e. Outlook), in which case it might be best to turn timezone sync off (under Synchronization settings in the app).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.