ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Sync

Outlook Sync
fred

Posted: Oct 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

The Outlook Sync application is great, I could not live without it. However, it stops working sometimes, which means I often miss important tasks on my mobile phone when I am out of the office.

You can see the error log below, it seems to be related to ToodleDo Sync connecting to Outlook. Not sure what is causing this problem, but I think it could be related to one of two things:

1. I often put the laptop in sleep mode when moving it from the office to home. When the laptop is woken up at home it gets a different IP address from my home network.
2. I have a problem with another Outlook plug-in (GTD by Netcentric), and therefore my Outlook sometimes hangs and it has to be killed and restarted. After this the sync problem seems to occur.

I have ticked the "use unique outlook instances" in the Sync Options, but it does not help.

I don't know exactly how the Outlook connection is set up from the Sync app, but maybe it is possible to reset the connection even more? Would it make sense to totally reset the connection by making a new lookup for the Outlook RPC address (just in case it has changed for some reason)?

Hope this information can help make this excellent application even better!

**** Error Log ****
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib: CheckAndUpdateFolderCache() checking folder cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib: CheckAndUpdateContextCache() checking context cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:SyncOutlookCategories() checking Outlook category mapping mode
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:SynchOutlookCategoriesToToodledoContexts() syncing outlook categories to Toodledo Contexts
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.get_Items()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.SynchOutlookCategoriesToToodledoContexts()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.SynchOutlookCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.PerformSynchronization()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.Synchronize()
at SyncApp.frmMain.PerformSync()
fred

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have just downloaded the new version, 1.0.1.3, and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Great job!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.