ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsGot To Do for Android v1.0 now available

Got To Do for Android v1.0 now available
andy

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
v1.2.9 released

Here for details.

The bug which caused the loss of tasks above is resolved in this release

I cannot apologise enough for this bug, it has happened before (rarely) and I was unable to reproduce it or track it down, but now the specific case has been reported I have been able to find and fix this issue.

Andy - Developer of Got To Do App
Spencer Pablo

Thanks for the update.

I have been looking for an Android app for a while now that does what I would like.

Does Got To Do work well with repeating parent/subtasks?

For instance, I have a daily parent task called "Medical." Under that, I have certain prescriptions as subtasks. At the end of the day, all the tasks should be completed and repeat again for the next day. On the iPhone, I used an app called Appigo ToDo and it did that well. However, I am finding the Android apps either don't show the subtasks or delete the parent app after marking it complete and it no longer repeats the next day.

Is this something that will work properly if I buy the app?
andy

The behaviour for repeating children should be exactly the same as on the ToodleDo website - as defined here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php

Hope that helps
sprouty76

Posted: Dec 10, 2010
Hi Andy, it looks like there's a bit of a bug when you mark a recurring task as completed that is set to "Due On".

I've managed to reproduce it by:

* Create task on ToodleDo, Due On today, recurring weekly
* Sync Got To Do
* Mark task as completed on Got To Do
* Sync again
* Task on Toodle Do is now set to Due By (not Due On) 17th (or one week from whenever you do this)

It doesn't seem to happen with Due After, I haven't checked with Optionally On.

Edit: I've also added this to your Redmine issue tracker.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2010.
sprouty76

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
Bit disappointed that what is a clear bug is being regarded as a nice-to-have feature and will only be considered for v2. It's actually a bit of a showstopper for me, I can't have the setup of individual recurring tasks being altered simply by marking it as completed.

And if there's no usable Android app, I'm going to have to reconsider using ToodleDo completely.

This message was edited Dec 27, 2010.
steve.fosdick

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
A while back I asked about location awareness, i.e. synchronizing the location of a task with Toodledo and then using the phone's GPS to remind me when I am in the right location to carry out the task.

At the time locations had just been added to Toodledo and I was told the API had not been published. I see the location API is now documented so can I ask for the feature to be considered for development soon, please.
Linden

Posted: Mar 22, 2011
Hi Andy,

I'd be grateful if you would consider adding customizable/user selectable ring tones in a future release ala google voice, tweet deck etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.