ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsIntegration with Evernote

Integration with Evernote
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Agree with the surprises.

The reason I'd like a list of completed items to go to Evernote is to assist in my weekly review process. This would provide direct context for notes and follow up items.

Can't see the point of any complex formatting for notes in toodledo. The text content is what's important, not how it looks.

But - that's just my opinion based around my needs. One of the best things about toodledo is the flexibility that allows for many users to utilise it in many different ways.
jonathanbloom

Posted: Jan 20, 2011
I'd also love to see this added.
philosofy1962

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Exactly how does Toodledo interact with Evernote?
ralph.kurz

Posted: May 28, 2011
Hi @all,

I've written a new Script: Everledo - Your Evernotes in Tooldedo.

Check it out at: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/103701

I hope it meets your needs!

BG Ralph
DarylGriffiths

Posted: Jun 16, 2011
Evernote have now released an update which enables Note Links:
http://blog.evernote.com/2011/06/15/big-evernote-desktop-update-windows-and-mac-get-note-links-note- copying-and-much-more/

"It’s not often that a single feature has the potential to dramatically improve Evernote for all users. It may not seem like much at first, but Note Links is exactly that kind of addition. As the name suggests, Note Links are links to individual notes that can be placed almost anywhere. Create a note link by right clicking on a note and choosing the Copy Note Link option, or choose it from the Note Menu. The link is then placed into your clipboard.

You can paste that link into just about anything—other notes, calendars, to-do lists, third party apps, etc. Whenever you click on the link, it’ll open the note. If you Shift+Click (Windows) or CMD+Click (Mac), it will open the linked note in its own window. We’ve already updated the Web, iOS and Android versions of Evernote to support this feature, so if you click a note link in those environments, it’ll take you to the right place."
pwwroa

Posted: Jun 18, 2011
I would use Evernote with Toodledo by archiving all my done/completed items to Evernote. Hopefully Toodledo could create an interface that would allow you to control how your archive would look and act when it goes to Evernote.
DarylGriffiths

Posted: Jul 01, 2011
I've now worked out how to get the new Evernote Note Link to work in Toodledo.

I've created it as a shared Evernote note, as I can't demonstrate the code you have to use here, as it tries to convert it to an actual link!

How to add a link to an Evernote Note in a Toodledo Task

I appreciate that this may be rather obvious to some users, but no doubt there are others for whom it is less so - it is the latter for whom these notes are intended!

This message was edited Jul 01, 2011.
dripke

Posted: Jul 22, 2011
Thanks for the link (above). Its works, but is a little cumbersome to do each time. Hopefully Toodledo admin will see the high level of interest by its users (and the fact that competitors (e.g. Nozbe) are integrating with other tools - and develop their own, simple integration.
Eelko_1312200589

Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by bluesgeek:
I want Toodledo ~in~ my Evernote. I want Evernote in my Toodledo. This means that the organizational structures in both apps can be easily mirrored.

When I create project in Toodledo, I want a notebook by that name in Evernote.
When I create a tag in Evernote, I want that tag in Toodldo.

One of the issues is that Evernote has robust tagging (nested tags, and a good interface for quickly adding them. At the very least I want a way to import/export tags to get rid of the double-entry I'm going through now.

This!
mikkibarry

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Yes...That! Evernote!!! Also, it would be great to sync with OmniFocus since OmniFocus has no web or windows app.
otterbyte

Posted: Aug 13, 2011
Thank you, Ralph!
Does this work with the new redesign? I'm not sure if I can't get it working because of that or because I'm just doing it wrong. :)

Take care,
Erika

Posted by ralph.kurz:
Hi @all,

I've written a new Script: Everledo - Your Evernotes in Tooldedo.

Check it out at: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/103701

I hope it meets your needs!

BG Ralph
ralph.kurz

Posted: Aug 14, 2011
Hi otterbyte,

Everledo (Greasemonkey/Addon) works now with the new Design.

Have fun with it :-)

Ralph
dyuhas

Posted: Sep 02, 2011
Posted by DarylGriffiths:
Evernote have now released an update which enables Note Links:
http://blog.evernote.com/2011/06/15/big-evernote-desktop-update-windows-and-mac-get-note-links-note- copying-and-much-more/

[snip]

You can paste that link into just about anything—other notes, calendars, to-do lists, third party apps, etc."

Actually, no. Sinkov (Evernote's marketing droid) doesn't know what he's talking about, and no one from Evernote thought it necessary or appropriate to post a correction.

There are two applications that I know of that can use Evernote Note Links: Todist and RTM. It would be nice if TD joined that list.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 27, 2011
Posted by dyuhas:

Actually, no. Sinkov (Evernote's marketing droid) doesn't know what he's talking about, and no one from Evernote thought it necessary or appropriate to post a correction.

There are two applications that I know of that can use Evernote Note Links: Todist and RTM. It would be nice if TD joined that list.

It's really just about whether an app supports custom url protocols, which Toodledo doesn't as yet. Since most people have very little use for custom url protocols it's not all that surprising that they aren't well supported in many apps, although perhaps with the popularity of Evernote and the fact that they've introduced note links this may change.

Why not submit a feature request via the "contact us" page to suggest Toodledo introduce support for custom url protocols?

Personally I'm not too bothered as I do the same thing that DarylGriffiths does, using the standard html code to make the link clickable, and I don't find it too much hassle to just type "<a href=..." etc, but of course it would be nice if I could just paste the link like a web link.
Irklak

Posted: Sep 30, 2011
I say the more integration the better. I am an avid user of both so I am sure there would be many instances where I would love the integration.

Regardless, it seems that the more connections toodeldo can make to other applications the better for them and all of us.
cabin2n

Posted: Oct 20, 2011
I would love to use Evernote with toodledo why take the time to recreate what Evernote has already done.
martingchapman

Posted: Oct 26, 2011
I have raised the issue of pasting Evernote links into Toodledo notes with support here
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12833/0/problem-inserting-link-to-evernote-note-in-toodledo-note.html

The response from Evernote is;
"An evernote link will not work because evernote:// is not a standard url scheme like http is. However, this is on our to-do list since a lot of people use evernote as well as Toodledo."

Regards - Martin.

This message was edited Oct 26, 2011.
Alberto Martinez

Posted: Nov 13, 2011
Thanks a lot Daryl, it works properly. I have just discovered other way when Evernote Windows client is not installed and it is valid for Android device as well (tested!).

Use the Evernote Web page, Go to the note you want to get a reference.
Right-click and chose View Page Source. It opens a new tab.
In the URL address bar copy everything except the beginning "view-source:"
Copy the URL to the note field of the Toodledo Task.
When clicked it opens the Evernote web page with the note.

Maybe you can update your shared note and add this complementary feature.

Regards
Posted by DarylGriffiths:
I've now worked out how to get the new Evernote Note Link to work in Toodledo.

I've created it as a shared Evernote note, as I can't demonstrate the code you have to use here, as it tries to convert it to an actual link!

How to add a link to an Evernote Note in a Toodledo Task

I appreciate that this may be rather obvious to some users, but no doubt there are others for whom it is less so - it is the latter for whom these notes are intended!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.