ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskJot instructions?

TaskJot instructions?
Lynne

Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
is there somewhere that you can get help using TaskJot on a blackberry?
jzamoras

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
I can help you, what do you need to know?
Irklak

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
I have a few issues with this application. it is a good start but lacks some features it seems. I mean how can it not have alerts? Seems odd to me.

I hope they update in the near future as they have a nice piece of software.
Lynne

Posted: Aug 08, 2010
what is my Jot view?

can i email a list or just a task?

How can i get my list to not refresh every time i click a task complete? for example, i have a list of 36 things my kid needs for college, i go in and mark something complete, that automatically goes to the top, and i have to scroll down to where i was, every time. That gets annoying.

I'm supposed to be trialing the pro version, but it won't allow me to create sub tasks

where is taskjot customer service? i have sent them two emails asking for help, and have gotten an automated response both times, and no real person yet. For a company that wants me to spend money on a GTD app when there are a bunch of free ones out there, that's pretty poor.
Irklak

Posted: Aug 14, 2010
I finally heard back and they say they are working on a new version. We shall see.
TaskJot

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Jot View is a saved view. If you have a favorite Context or Folder or perhaps you always go to the Hotlist when you open TaskJot, save that as your Jot view. When you open TaskJot again (or hit the 'j' key), you will get your Jot view.

Currently, you can only email an individual task. We have the "email a task list" feature in our system and we're considering it for a future release.

The list refresh issue is a bug. We're working on a fix for it in 1.1.

Sub-tasks are only available in TaskJot when you're syncing with a Toodledo account that supports sub-tasks.

TaskJot customer service is via our website. We try to respond to all emails within 3 business days.
TaskJot

Posted: Sep 23, 2010
We're also working on making a user manual for TaskJot 1.1. Its almost ready for beta. We'll post a note here in the forums when there is a place to sign-up for the beta.
lgeorge

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
I need help with my TaskJot/Toodledo connection. My device was syncing fine for the first week but it stopped syncing yesterday - I have no idea why. I tried closing the program (Taskjot) on my Blackberry and now it won't open again. Does anyone know what's going on or a fix? Thanks, Laura
TaskJot

Posted: Oct 06, 2010
Please contact us directly via our website for support requests. (www.taskjot.com)

Closing TaskJot from the menu is the first step to take. That will completely close it. Then, re-open it and watch for the sync indicators. If they appear and go away, that indicates a successful sync. If not, keep going.

Next, close TaskJot from the menu again. Try to move locations when you open it again. If at work, try at home. If at home, try at work, etc. Sometimes, the connection to the Internet is better in different areas.

If those don't seem to work, the next step is reinstalling TaskJot. You can delete it from settings, advanced settings, applications. Then, reinstall it from the download link. Your license should still work upon re-activation. If not, just contact us.

If everything above doesn't work, send us a note and we can try to troubleshoot the problem. This is our most challenging troubleshooting task with TaskJot because there are so many different possibilities for wireless configurations and environments that we can't test them all in our lab.
Irklak

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Still hoping for alerts.

I have applied for the beta as well. Shall see.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.