ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsToodledo Syn Error--Please Help

Toodledo Syn Error--Please Help
drblue

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I need help from you guys in syncing Outlook 2010 and Toodledo. When I first installed Toodledo Sync from Chromatic Dragon, it worked fine for a day or two. But suddenly, it began to give me an error message and refused to sync. The error message I get is:

"Sync error: object reference is not set to an object."

I suspect this might be something to do with the recent update of NET Framework 4.0 (Windows Automatic Update) because this error message is normally associated with NET Framework. But since I am just a normal PC user, I don't know much about it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it didn't really help. So here I am, and I would really appreciate your help.

This message was edited Oct 01, 2010.
Onalf

Posted: Oct 01, 2010
same problem here; must have to do witch net.framework update

even newest updates from microsoft of today didn't help
Tony Green

I'm glad it just isn't me - I thought our IT dept had done something bad!

Getting exactly the same error - all working a few days ago, and now not doing anything but responding with the error above. WOuld appreciate a speedy response guys :)
drblue

I searched all over the web, and spent quite some time on this. I did a lot of different things, including: using a new OST file (potential file corruption), deleting all tasks on both ends, changing options, installing older versions, etc.

Windows Update installed NET Frame 4.0 recently, but the sync worked after that, so it shouldn't be the cause of this problem.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Thank you in advance.
mco

Um, I noticed

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums

in your trace log. You do know that the problem is very likely somewhere between Microsoft and Chromatic Dragon, in which case Toodledo is not responsible, right?
drblue

@mco,

I apologize for violating the forum rule. I deleted the trace log, and edited my post.

I understand that the problem might be caused by MS or CD rather than Toodledo. However, I do not understand why you had to point that out. This part of the forum is about "Third Party Software," and I assume my question is a legitimate topic here. Further, I never blamed Toodledo or held Toodledo responsible for this error. Thus, I was puzzled when you brought this up. Am I missing something?

Again, I am NOT trying to repute you. As a new user, I just want to make sure if I am not making any mistake.
mco

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. You are likely to get useful help only from Chromatic Dragon. Even if Microsoft broke Chromatic Dragon's sync tool, it is still going to be up to Chromatic Dragon to make it work again. The text about not posting the trace logs to the forum is from Chromatic Dragon, but I don't know why the history or motivation for the message. It is very likely that they want you to contact them directly about your issue.
drblue

@mco,

Thank you for your clarification. Now I understand your good intention. I hope I didn't offend you with my rather dry remark.

I did contact Chromatic Dragon, but haven't gotten any response for a few days. So, I was getting desperate.

Thanks!
ashui00745

Posted: Oct 02, 2010
ToodledoSync_1_01_7
drblue

Posted: Oct 03, 2010
That does it! The new version (1.01.7) corrects the error. Thank you!
tfk614

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
Downloading the new version 1.01.7 did it. You have to make sure that you completely uninstall the old version.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.