ForumsThird-Party Applicationskeeping subtasks in the same order on todo app

keeping subtasks in the same order on todo app
kenny.grant

Posted: Oct 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to keep the order of subtasks on apiggo todo app (latest version) the same as they appear on toodledo website?

I use manual sorting on the website but when I sync they appear in alphabetical order in todo app. I have sort order of due date, priority on todo as I require this for my setup.

I can manually change the order in todo on my iphone but this isn't reflected in the website after a sync.

I've searched as much as I can for this but can't see any comments on this

EDIT: I don't use due dates in subtasks - all are undated.

Regards
Kenny

This message was edited Oct 05, 2010.
kenny.grant

Posted: Oct 07, 2010
I hope this isn't bad form for forum usage - but can I ask if PeterW is around and could possibly reply to this?

I'm using proximos gtd setup with todo as iphone client and the subtask sorting is the only thing spoiling my system

AFAIK Peter has a similar setup and is a todo 'power user' - any comments gratefully received.

Kenny
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Hi Kenny,

Writing this from the iPhone (am away for a long weekend) so apologies for the brevity of my reply.

It's not possible to keep sort order of subtasks synced between Todo and Toodledo as has been mentioned. I simply do this manually in each app and it hasn't been too much of a hardship. I'd suggest you post this as an enhancement request in Appigo's forum and I will do the same - much more likely they will consider this and do it than it ever happening here!

This message was edited Oct 09, 2010.
Joyce

Posted: Oct 11, 2010
If they appear alphabetically can you give them outline letters/numbers?

To make my tasks stay in the order I want them to I've given them numbers(by context) and letters within their context.

So if you task is number 3 then your subtasks are 3a, 3b, 3c

Would that help?

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
ccoleman

Posted: Mar 09, 2011
Sorry to glom on, but I have a related question that is driving me crazy and the responses on this post seem to suggest that some of you have the answer: How do I filter subtasks by tag or context? I have a single list that contains Projects, and the tasks for that Project are in subtasks. I can assign the subtasks tags and contexts, but when I filter the result I get is a list of Projects that have matching subtasks, rather than the subtasks themselves. So if I have "@errand" subtasks scattered throughout various projects, filtering by @errand doesn't give me the actual errands, but rather a list of every project with an errand in it, which is mostly worthless.

I'm using ToDo for iPad 4.2.1, by the way.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 09, 2011
I use Appigo Todo on my iPhone so not sure if it works similarly. It's not something I need to do but I see what you mean in the regular folders. However in the focus list, which is where I always work, subtasks are shown 'loose'.

You might want to post your question in the Appigo Google Group forums.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.