ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsPocket Informant - iPhone

Pocket Informant - iPhone
Peter S...

Posted: Dec 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Anyone tried Pocket Informant for the iPhone? It syncs with Toodledo and looks quite comprehensive. It should be for the 12.99 price!
bob.b

Posted: Dec 17, 2010
I have Pocket Informant as well as 2Do, Appigo's Todo and Toodledo on both my iPhone and iPad.

The ones I find myself using the most are Todo (both platforms) and 2Do for the iPad.

Pocket Informant has a ton of features but the screen just looks way to cluttered to me. I also don't need the integrated calendaring features which is one of PI's differentiators.

Appigo's Todo has just the right balance of functionality, clean presentation and speed that I use it the most.

When I need a view of how my projects or functional areas are going, I do find myself using 2Do on the iPad as well because I really like the tabbed interface (each project/area is set up as a tab.) 2Do on the iPhone, on the other hand, is almost unusable for me because as great as the interface is on the iPad, it doesn't translate as well on the smaller iPhone.

If I had to delete them all and leave just one, it would be Appigo's Todo, but that's my personal preference and YMMV.
Peter S...

Posted by bob.b:
I have Pocket Informant as well as 2Do, Appigo's Todo and Toodledo on both my iPhone and iPad.

The ones I find myself using the most are Todo (both platforms) and 2Do for the iPad.

Pocket Informant has a ton of features but the screen just looks way to cluttered to me. I also don't need the integrated calendaring features which is one of PI's differentiators.

Appigo's Todo has just the right balance of functionality, clean presentation and speed that I use it the most.

When I need a view of how my projects or functional areas are going, I do find myself using 2Do on the iPad as well because I really like the tabbed interface (each project/area is set up as a tab.) 2Do on the iPhone, on the other hand, is almost unusable for me because as great as the interface is on the iPad, it doesn't translate as well on the smaller iPhone.

If I had to delete them all and leave just one, it would be Appigo's Todo, but that's my personal preference and YMMV.

Hey thanks for this.

Does Todo sync seamlessly with Toodledo online? Anything get lost? Looking at the Todo description, the one thing I'm not finding is start dates for tasks. Is it there or handled differently than in toodledo?
bob.b

Peter, Todo syncs seamlessly with Toodledo online. It syncs projects/subtasks only if you have a Toodledo Pro account, however.

I just looked on both the iPhone and iPad version of Todo and neither has Start Date. Since I don't use that field, I never missed it. There may be some other Toodledo fields that don't come over, but the important ones for me (Due Date, Due Time, Priority, List, Context, Tag, Alert Date/Time, Notes) are all there.
Peter S...

Thanks Bob. That start date is a critical one for me.
eliot

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I used Pocket Informant (iPhone) for several months. I liked the idea of having Tasks and Calendaring in a single app.

But in the end, PI didn't work out. I found the task management part of the app to be buggy and laid out in a very cluttered way (YMMV if you use one of the GTD methods specified by PI).

The PI Calendaring function was too laggy, and became less useful once I stopped using the task functionality.

In the end, I went with Week Cal + Appigo Todo.
mrekstein

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
I use PI and love it. However, the integrated calendar and todo functionality is important to me
carstenoe

Posted: Feb 07, 2011
@Bob.b
Hi Bob
First of all I would like to apologize for my poor English. I'm not a native speaker.
I use tha Todo Software on the IPad. Now I'm thinking about getting an IPhone. Can you do me the favor to check on thing on the IPad / IPhone. I would steadiness very much your help.
If you generate a call-task on Todo the software asks you to put the contact in the task, so if the due date cakes in the task you already have the phone number.
Now the question.
You sync from IPad to Toodledo and the to IPad. When you open the call task on the iPhone it still recognizes the tel number as the number you want to call or it becomes plain text after past through Toodledo?

Thank you very much.

Carsten
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.