ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by davek"
davek

Posted Jan 30, 2009 in: Show entire History?
Score: 0
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2009
  • Score: 0
Sweet. Thanks. Never actually used the search tool until now. Its actually more of a filter than a search tool.

thanks again.

davek
davek

Posted Jan 30, 2009 in: Show entire History?
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2009
I'm sure I'm missing something...

I have not figured out how I can display my entire history, sorted on things like context or folders.

I have projects assigned as folders and I need to be able to see the entire task history for a given project..

How can I do this?
davek

Posted Jan 20, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2009
Posted by frossie:

2. I'd rather give my money to the toodledo folks, since they work so hard on improving their service

I'd agree with that.

If you use Notes, Appigo notebook works well, it is cheaper than their todo app, and there is no alternative, AFAIK.

Yup, Notebook is a must-have for me.
davek

Posted Jan 19, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2009
I have the toodledo app, and find it works for me on my iPod Touch...

The one thing (that I know of now) that I wish it would do that it doesn't do, is support landscape mode. I like the larger keyboard.

If I knew if the Appigo app did it, I might migrate over to it.
davek

Posted Jan 13, 2009 in: Dividers - get rid of 'em
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2009
I'm with gjk.... I like 'em.
davek

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: Tags vs Folders
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2009
I have contexts for work, home, shop (shopping list) and use folders for work related categories (General, ProfessionalDevelopment, ProjectManagement, etc)

I've assigned a tag "Review" to highlight todos which I'll want to remember at performance review time. Allows me to filter these out after a download of all completed tasks.

To me, one advantage of Folders over tags is that folders are structured. As tags are free flowing text, spelling errors or forgetting conventions may cause todos to be missed in filters.

<disclaimer> I'm a relatively new user of toodledo, so there may be better ways of doing things.
davek

• davek
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2009
That's strange.... The single click works for me when directly accessing todos through the website.
davek

• davek
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2008
Try changing repeats on the task to 'none' and then click the check box. It should not repeat after that.

dk
davek

Posted Dec 17, 2008 in: Selecting tags
  • davek
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2008
I like the idea of an autofill, but overwriteable as ejbruner suggests. Gives you the structure of a formatted list, but the option to create new tage 'on the fly'.

Geat program/Touch app. A key part in my transition from Palm to ipod touch. Thanks
davek

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: Repeat Until?
  • davek
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2008
Ok, that's a do-able workaround. Thanks.
davek

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: ToodleDO on iPhone
  • davek
+1 (I agree).
davek

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: Repeat Until?
  • davek
Ok, thanks for the response.... Then, is there a way to copy (or duplicate) a new or existing task?

In some cases, if I'm only repeating the task once or twice, or if I didn't finish the task and I want to record that I spent some time on it, It would be nice if I could create a duplicate and assign it some time in the future (without having to cancel a repeating task).

I'm a new user, and I took a look through the FAQ and couldn't see any reference to copying tasks. Am I missing something?
davek

Posted Dec 09, 2008 in: Repeat Until?
  • davek
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2008
I'm gaining a fair bit of success migrating from my Palm pda to my Ipod Touch..

One thing I'm missing (or can't find) is a "Repeat until" function, which would allow me to set an end date (or number of occurances) for a given task. Is there a way to do this?

thanks

davek.
davek

Posted Dec 03, 2008 in: Toodledo, palm pdas and Ipod Touch...
  • davek
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2008
Excellent. Thank you for pointing me to the correct area to look
davek

Posted Dec 03, 2008 in: Toodledo, palm pdas and Ipod Touch...
  • davek
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2008
I've been playing with toodledo for a couple weeks now. It works really well with how I organize things.

I started using it as a plan for migration away from my Palm pda, which is on it's last legs. The expectation was I could get similar sync out of an Ipod Touch that I have with my pda.

Currently, on my pda
At work: I sync my schedule (Calendar) via outlook and my todo list on Palm desktop.
At home: my various databases etc....

I picked up a Ipod Touch last weekend and it was wonderful at home with the wifi interface. At work is another issue though. At work I cannot access the internet via the wifi on the touch. I've been able to set up an adhoc network to communicate with my pc, so I expect that I can get my outlook calendar working, but synchronizing to toodledo is not going to work without some form of offline tool.

I have a few days left to play with touch before I send it back (if I cannot get a desktop app to sync todos).

Is there a way forward for me? I see there is an upcoming google gears app to allow access to toodledo offline, but will be able to perform a manual sync to a ipod Touch?

This message was edited Dec 03, 2008.
Skip to Page:  1   2