ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PT_Ken"
PT_Ken

Posted May 25, 2014 in: Reorganizing Toodledo
Score: 1
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 25, 2014
  • Score: 1
Hello. I am about to implement a major change to my Toodledo setup and approach to GTD. My question is if I change my folders, contexts, tags, etc. then what happens to all of my existing tasks, including the completed tasks? Do they retain the original setting, even if it no longer exists? Will they become blank if it no longer exists?

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 23, 2014 in: Default Context?
Score: 0
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 23, 2014
  • Score: 0
Another idea is to assign different default contexts (or any other field for that matter) based on either location or a schedule. For example, default context for Work when Location matches my work location and default context of Personal when I'm anyplace else. Alternately, default context of Work during working hours (based on a user-input schedule) and Personal if it's the weekend (for example).
PT_Ken

Posted May 22, 2014 in: Saved Search on iOS
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 22, 2014
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hello,

Thanks for the great suggestion. We can't comment on a time frame for implementation, but we'll consider this for a future update.

Well, I guess that means I can't do it now! :) As long as I'm on the subject, I have three additional ideas.

1. A location based Start Page for any Start Page, not just a Saved Search.

2. The ability to simply set a Saved Search as a Start Page (seems obvious given my other request, but might as well state it explicitly).

3. Multiple schedule-based Start Pages. For example, I have a fairly regular schedule and I could see using different Start Pages at specific times. I leave for work at 5:00 AM (I know...) so a commuting search that shows me if there is something I need to take with me in the morning, including perhaps an umbrella (gleaned from IFTTT). I'm at work from 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM M-Th, so a saved search to manage my office work during those days/times, maybe ending at 4:30. At 4:30 switch to my commute saved search to show if I need to make any stops on the way home. At home, different start pages for weekday evenings and weekends, since some projects will only happen on a weekend, even though both searches would show the context of "home". I could expand on this, but I think it illustrates the concept.

I can see a use for both scheduled and location start pages at the same time. What if I take a day off work for a doctor's appointment. When I get home, of course I don't want my work start page since I'm not at work, so because the location does not coincide with the schedule, the location would override the schedule.

Just some ideas for an already fantastic system.
PT_Ken

Posted May 21, 2014 in: Saved Search on iOS
Score: 1
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 21, 2014
  • Score: 1
Hello. I love the Saved Search access on the iOS app. Is there any way to select a Saved Search as the Start Page? Even better, I'd love to select a different Saved Search as my Start Page based on location. When I'm at work, my work saved search would show when I open the app. If I go home, a different saved search would show when I open the app. ETC.

Is any on this planned for Toodledo on iOS?

Thanks!
PT_Ken

Posted Feb 18, 2012 in: Timer on iPhone
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2012
iOS is supposed to have a new timer field, but I don't see it on my iPhone 4S. How do I use the timer field? Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted Dec 30, 2008 in: Retaining Completed Tasks
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
You know what? Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what will happen. If Appigo says that they get deleted, then they must get deleted in our app too, since we use the same API that they do. We'll have to test it.

To be safe, you could just get a Pro account to save your tasks for longer. And if you really need to store completed tasks forever, you could always export them to your computer for safe keeping.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this. I bought Toodledo over ToDo for the very reason that you said the iPhone will retain the tasks even after they are purged from the account. I really don't want to spend the money on a Pro Plus account just to have a persistent to do list.

Exporting to archive the tasks does not work for me either. I have a number of lists, such as a reading list, where I put all of the books that I would like to read, along with author and some other information about the book. After I read it I will check it off so it will no longer be visible, but I like to retain the list so I can refer back to it at any time (who wrote that book? when did I read it?). The reading list is just one example of a number of lists that I use this way. If I export the list, it is not actively available in Toodledo. I don't care if it's not available on the web site and doesn't sync after six months, but I want it to remain on my iPhone application.

Perhaps this is a feature request for you web site. Could you add an option so that when completed tasks expire on the web site, it does not issue a "delete" command to the API for the remote app? That would solve my problem.

Also, just to verify, is it just the complete tasks that get purged? What if I have uncompleted tasks, with no due date, that are older than six months, such as a reading list that I haven't read yet?

Thanks.

Ken
PT_Ken

Posted Dec 24, 2008 in: Retaining Completed Tasks
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
The iPhone will retain all completed tasks forever. You can choose to purge old tasks from your iPhone, if you choose.

I received this reply from Appigo support and would like your reaction to it. I want to make sure that Toodledo on my iPhone will retain completed tasks after they are purged from the web site, assuming I am using the free or pro account. Thanks!

The Toodledo site will remove completed tasks after 6 months (or sooner if you have it set that way) on their free accounts. When they remove their accounts, the site will record that a delete has taken place so when we synchronize with them we are notified of the deletes just as if you had deleted the task from their site.

The result is that the tasks will also be removed from Todo. The same would apply to any other app syncing with their site using their API. If you upgrade to their full account, they will keep a longer history of completed tasks.

-The Appigo Team

This message was edited Dec 24, 2008.
PT_Ken

Posted Dec 24, 2008 in: iPhone App Advice
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Posted by PT_Ken:
Posted by Claudio:
Yeah, I forgot about Status.
And Goals, and Star, and Length.
These are available in Toodledo but not in Todo.

Also, Toodledo allows you to filter by Priority, but Todo does not.

Actually, ToDo does allow you to sort by priority. The three sort choices are Due Date/Priority, Priority/Due Date, and Alphabetical.

I've been thinking about it and have decided that ToDo suits me best. I can live without Status, Goals, Star, and Length. I like the interface of ToDo much better, especially the way tags are handled. I also like the filtered views that Toodledo doesn't seem to have. Now that I know that when my completed items are purged after 6 months from the web site that they will remain persistent on my iPhone App, it seems that ToDo is my best choice, even though it's more expensive.

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! Happy New Year!!!

Ken

Well, my mistake. ToDo "will" delete completed tasks after the web site purges them. According to Toodledo, the Toodledo application will not purge the tasks on my iPhone, so I went with Toodledo in the end.
PT_Ken

Posted Dec 23, 2008 in: iPhone App Advice
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2008
Posted by Claudio:
Yeah, I forgot about Status.
And Goals, and Star, and Length.
These are available in Toodledo but not in Todo.

Also, Toodledo allows you to filter by Priority, but Todo does not.

Actually, ToDo does allow you to sort by priority. The three sort choices are Due Date/Priority, Priority/Due Date, and Alphabetical.

I've been thinking about it and have decided that ToDo suits me best. I can live without Status, Goals, Star, and Length. I like the interface of ToDo much better, especially the way tags are handled. I also like the filtered views that Toodledo doesn't seem to have. Now that I know that when my completed items are purged after 6 months from the web site that they will remain persistent on my iPhone App, it seems that ToDo is my best choice, even though it's more expensive.

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! Happy New Year!!!

Ken
PT_Ken

• PT_Ken
As far as I know ToDo does not have Status, but you can essentially do this using the tags. Since ToDo can filter which tasks are listed, even for the All Tasks view, you can filter out only the status items that you are interested in seeing. It's a workaround, but not a deal breaker for me.

I've just come across OmniFocus. Anyone tried that? It's $20 and I'm not sure it looks any better than ToDo or Toodledo. Opinions?

Ken
PT_Ken

• PT_Ken
I'm trying to decide between Toodledo and Appigo's ToDo for my iPhone. Can someone who has tried both tell what you liked/disliked about each? Which one did you end up choosing?

One of my main complaints right now about ToDo is that it does not seem to mark the completion date and time, only that a task is complete or not complete.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Ken
PT_Ken

Posted Dec 23, 2008 in: Retaining Completed Tasks
  • PT_Ken
Hi. I'm new to Toodledo and am considering buying the iPhone app. Since I have to buy it before trying it, I'm uncertain about some of the functionality. I hope someone here can help me.

I understand that the free account will retain completed tasks for up to 6 months, Pro up to 2 years, and Pro Plus forever. My question is if I use the free account or the Pro account, when the completed tasks are purged after the time limit is reached, will those completed tasks still be on my iPhone or will they be purged there as well?

Also, do the completed tasks record the date and time of completion? If so, is the completion date and time editable (in case I want it to reflect the actual completion time and not the time that I checked it off my list)?

Thanks!

Ken
Skip to Page:  1   2