ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gjblair"
gjblair

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Dragon Dictation
Score: 0
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2010
  • Score: 0
Using encryption generally resolves a lot of privacy issues. However, go to Wikipedia and search for "man-in-the-middle attack".

Not everyone, and not every transaction, demands the same degree of security. However, being unaware of major pitfalls can lead to all kinds of bad things, not the least of which is identify theft if you transmit the wrong kind of information via an unsecure mechanism.

As for me, I was born paranoid and my job pays me to be paranoid. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :-)

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Dragon Dictation
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
In my Feb 3 post I said

"it may come at a security price too high for some people."

Just because one or many individuals don't have security concerns doesn't mean that other people won't have those concerns.

The previous post by tbaker has a flawed statement:

"There is no security concern here, since you can (and in fact have to) define your own email server for the data to go through."

Unless the transmission to your email server is encrypted, there are potentially many hops along the way to your server where the message could be read/heard and/or copied and later replayed.

I'm sure there are many people who won't care about that, but some might. As a security professional (CISSP), it's what I do all day long. I find voice memos very effective, but am painfully aware that all non-encrypted Internet transmissions are subject to intercept.
gjblair

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: Dragon Dictation
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
It may be great functionality, but it may come at a security price too high for some people. Pay your dues and take your chances, so to speak.
gjblair

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Dragon Dictation
Score: -1
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
I looked into this over the weekend. As I suspected, it appears that your voice item is transferred to a server, along with possibly many other items from your iPhone, for 'transcription'.
gjblair

• gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
I'm not using contexts (long-time Palm Pilot user and it didn't have them...), and I've checked the filters multiple times. I discovered that if I go to the calendar view, I can actually see all of today's items. However, in the main view, the problem persists. If I locate an item due 'today' but which is not showing in the main view, then 'touch' it, specifically, set it's due date to 'today' (again), it then seems to appear in the main view. I only rely on the due date, and don't use start date. Also, I'm not using sub-tasks.
gjblair

• gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Over the past few days I have been experiencing problems using IE 7.0 and Firefox 3.5.7 on a PC, though it may have occurred from home on my Mac using Safari.

The web interface does not appear to display all items, and quicksearch is failing to find items, which I know are present in specific folders if I select the appropriate folder. When I get an email report ?#today I see all items for today, but some tasks are just not showing up in the web interface. I've checked filters and don't think I'm filtering anything out. This is very frustrating. Suggestions?
gjblair

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: Due dates in Toodledo iphone app
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2010
Yes. Select due date, then custom, and you'll see the date wheel.
gjblair

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: No Cursor In Notebook
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Just as reference point, PC with Firefox 3.5.7 works OK.
gjblair

Posted Jan 16, 2010 in: suggestions for email reports
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2010
You can get a list of tasks that match various criteria by sending an email to your 'special' address at toodledo. See http://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php.

For example, get a list of all my tasks for today, I send email to [email protected], with a subject line "?#today" (omit the quotes.
gjblair

Posted Jan 15, 2010 in: bulk import from email?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2010
I don't think you can do exactly that, but if you are Pro subscriber, when you add a task by email, the body of the email is attached as a note. So, you could send one email that contained all the tasks in the body, then you'd have to paste them into separate tasks. Not so slick, but maybe better than sending lots of separate emails?

Maybe toodledo could think about your request in terms of adding a new feature...
gjblair

Posted Jan 13, 2010 in: suggestions for email reports
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2010
It would be very useful for email reports to allow you to specify multiple folders, e.g.,

?#today *ProjectA *ProjectB

Also, it would be useful to be able to retrieve the folder and priority for each item in an email report.
gjblair

Posted Jan 12, 2010 in: iphone app sharing
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Future is ???
A. Next week
B. Next month
C. Next year

Specificity is appreciated...
gjblair

Posted Jan 12, 2010 in: email reports to multiple eaddresses
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2010
I rely on the email report capability (mostly ?#today) to get a printable list of tasks. Due to security constraints it is impossible for me to read my personal email from my work office. Therefore, I have to actually switch my login email in the account settings when I get to work, and again at home in the evenings. It would be helpful if it were possible to specify additional email addresses that reports are emailed to. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard...
gjblair

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: iphone app sharing
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2010
I also am eager to have this functionality.
gjblair

Posted Jan 04, 2010 in: sync'ing notes to iPhone?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Inability to sync notebook items is my issue. Is that slated to occur, and if so, any idea when?

They could sync to the actual iPhone "native" notes capability, or to another object type in the toodledo app - I would probably prefer the latter.

I have been a long time Palm Pilot user and am trying to duplicate key functionality on my iPhone. I have some security-based constraints that most will not suffer from, and using the toodledo app and the web server in tandem is the best I can do so far. If I can just sync my Palm Pilot notes using the notebook, I'll be a pretty happy camper! I know I can fake it using undated tasks in a folder that I name Notes, but then what is the point of the notebook capability?
gjblair

Posted Jan 03, 2010 in: sync'ing notes to iPhone?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2010
Following up, I'm trying to sync to the toodledo app on my iPhone.

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Jan 03, 2010 in: sync'ing notes to iPhone?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2010
I've just upgraded to Pro, if that matters, but it doesn't appear that notes I create via the web interface are sync'd to my iPhone. Am I missing something, or does this feature not yet exist?

-Gary
Skip to Page:  1   2