ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Allen"
Allen

Posted Aug 13, 2009 in: Toodledo migrating to new servers
Score: 0
  • Allen
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2009
  • Score: 0
Congratulations on the quick and painless move!
Allen

Posted Aug 11, 2009 in: Scheduled Maintenance Wednesday 7pm CST
  • Allen
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2009
That's almost insulting, do you presume Toodledo has no idea how to run a web service? In the past, they have been very good about keeping us abreast of the situation when there is maintenance and/or problems.
Allen

Posted Jul 27, 2009 in: Cutting back on free support tickets
  • Allen
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2009
I agree with your sentiment, I just felt "Should" to be a rather strong term to use. To me, asserting it should be compulsory goes against the nature of voluntary support. I'm just being annoyingly nit-picky, though.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2009.
Allen

Posted Jul 20, 2009 in: Cutting back on free support tickets
  • Allen
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2009

I believe that anyone who uses a free service and enjoys what it does for them, should purchase a paid subscription in order to support the app.

It is very nice that you choose to treat a free service as a free trial with compulsory payment, but to say anyone who uses a free service *should* purchase a paid subscription is going a bit far. It is, after all, offered as a free service so we should be able to assume that it can support free users. If they *need* the paid version of the service, then they should expect to pay to upgrade. But this is a whole other conversation . . . :)

I think putting a limit on free one-on-one support is a good move. Less time dealing with free support means more time for development--toodledo's value to end users increases all around.
Allen

Posted Jun 23, 2009 in: Forum Moderator and some improvements
Score: 2
  • Allen
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2009
  • Score: 2
Congratulatons Anders -- and congratulations Toodledo! It has always been easy to mistake Anders for a moderator, if not a Toodledo employee, great to see this recognition of his time and effort.
Allen

Score: 1
  • Allen
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2009
  • Score: 1
Posted by Vin Thomas:
I had one girl on twitter say she wanted some money back for the outage. What? 1/365th of $14.95 is...

About 4 cents . . . but more than made up for by the [gracious, unnecessary] month compensation.

I've seen downtime with other services . . . I've never seen one so graciously handled by the end users. I expect that has to do with the fact that I have not, either, seen it so transparently handled by the company in question.

Koodledos to Toodledo ;)
Allen

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Question about the recent downtime
Score: 2
  • Allen
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
  • Score: 2
Welcome back, toodledo! You were greatly missed. I really appreciated the openness you had with what was going on. While inconvenient, the downtime was more bearable not being entirely in the dark.
Allen

Posted May 18, 2009 in: Updates to forums
Score: 3
  • Allen
  • Posted: May 18, 2009
  • Score: 3
Posted by Proximo:
If we could show how long someone has been a member of the forums, this will give us a reference to their experience with using Toodledo, without the draw back of having post counts.

If you click on someone's name, you can see their subscription level, membership duration and post count. The information is there if you want it but not forced to you with every post.

Personally, I like that delivery.
Allen

Posted May 13, 2009 in: Start "now"
  • Allen
  • Posted: May 13, 2009
While you're at it, maybe assign this functionality to the little clock icon in the time field -- might as well have it do something, no?
Allen

• Allen
  • Posted: May 12, 2009
Thanks, Anders! I am going to download Iris immediately. I really only use(d) IE for toodledo -- I love Skyfire but with toodledo just isn't as snappy as I'd like. Iris sounds just right.
Allen

Posted May 12, 2009 in: adding event in html version
  • Allen
Using the plain html mobile version (in mobile Internet Explorer), adding a new event without a time adds an event for "no date" 12am rather than the expected no date, no time.
Allen

Posted May 12, 2009 in: Start "now"
  • Allen
Is there any way to make the start date/time "now" without having to select the date, then manually type in the time? If not a "Now" link among the options on the right side would be great.
Allen

Posted Apr 20, 2009 in: Notebook HTML Editor
  • Allen
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2009
User-configurable "macros" ala the Palm would be such a cool (pro?) feature! Probably outside the scoope of TD but I'll sit here and allow myself the brief day dream.
Allen

Posted Apr 13, 2009 in: Partial Tags Included in Results
  • Allen
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2009
I am seeing tags that contain part of a tag included in my task list, while the actual tab count is correct. For example:
I have an item tagged with "web" and I have another item tagged with "webdev".

When I view tags, the tab for the tag "web" reads, correctly, that I have 1 task tagged web. When I click on the web tab, however, I will be shown both items.

Also, the "All Tags" tab shows *all* items, including those not tagged. Shouldn't "All Tags" just include tagged items?

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009.
Allen

Posted Apr 10, 2009 in: Edit All Fields Without Showing
  • Allen
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2009
I can appreciate your argument for "never hiding information from the user", but don't necessarily agree. I won't go as far as to say it vexes me, but I personally would like to be able to hide a great deal of the information for general skimming. I can locate what I'm looking for, visually, with less noise -- then once I've honed in, zoom in to more information. Multiline versus grid, no--they don't display different fields. But I want them to! :)

It's not a huge deal, I just feel like I could spend a little less time in toodledo and more time doing what it was keeping track of.
Allen

• Allen
[quote][quote]Is there any way to edit an item, with access to all fields, without having all fields enabled in the multiline/column view? [/quote]
Simple answer: No.[/quote]

That's a bummer. Feature request! :)

[quote]
[quote]it would be great to be able to configure the shown fields independently for the column and the multiline views[/quote]Good idea. Also, it would be great if the first line of the Multiline view could be configured to show more than one field.[/quote]
[/quote]

Absolutely! Ideally, for me, it would just mirror the column view. Actually, that could hybridize both suggestions and make it unnecessary to toggle the two--
Have multiline view "column" view when collapsed, show details for all fields when expanded. Then you've got a compact view, but easy access to a more robust view.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2009.
Allen

• Allen
Is there any way to edit an item, with access to all fields, without having all fields enabled in the multiline/column view? I use all fields, but I don't need that much information on screen at any given time. I want to open an item in an editor similar to the new item creator -- where I have access to all--then return to a slimmed down list. Is this possible?

Additionally, and I guess this is a feature request, it would be great to be able to configure the shown fields independently for the column and the multiline views -- multiline can accommodate a lot more information without horizontal scrolling but column mode can give you more information without so much vertical screen used.
Allen

Posted Apr 08, 2009 in: Google Hosted Apps
  • Allen
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2009
I use a google hosted apps account for my google calendar -- is there anyway to configure the Toodledo calendar page to link to that, rather than generic google calendar? If not, might you consider this in the future?
Allen

• Allen
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2009
Vote here for Windows Mobile as well. If not an app, some way of synchronizing tasks. Would be cool if GooSync would do it -- their task manager is lame.
Allen

• Allen
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2009
I could never get into Remember the Milk . . . just been using a mish-mash of my phone and my (evernote) notebook. Toodledo looks really promising though it seems I can't keep it in 2 way sync with my WinMo tasks.
Skip to Page:  1   2