ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by fiona.c"
fiona.c

Score: 0
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2016
  • Score: 0
another hour..... closed toodledo on android and re-opened.
no change to these out-of-sync tasks.

Going for a 'manual' sync (triple dots / Sync) on Android.
Lo and behold... it adjusts these tasks and all is right with the world again.

Conclusion - Android is NOT syncing.... HELP.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
ok, now an hour later and neither website nor android have sync'd.
Same difference in tasks still showing.

Conclusion - android is NOT syncing on wifi.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
Posted by Jake:
Sometimes the Habits (and Lists and Outlines) section can take a little extra time to sync changes coming from the website. This is because these sections do not sync in the background, but only when you open those sections and look at them. We are working to fix this.

In the meantime, if you open the Habits section and just leave it open for a minute, it should finish syncing and update itself.

SORRY... but after hours, it hasn't sync'd itself. It may have when it first opened, but any changes since.... nope.
AND as I said before, no manual way to force a sync except leaving section (or closing/re-opening) which is not acceptable as too susceptible to being forgotten as needed...
fiona.c

• fiona.c
Further....
The list for TODAY on the website does not include the daily tasks of 'check pH' or 'Accounts' as they are showing as 'overdue' on the Android.
These tasks are set as a ?today task, SO... after middnight they should reset to 'today', right? NOT be showing as 'overdue' today...

Please let me know if you need any screenshots or whatever of this...
The problem seems to be with the android app not refreshing/syncing properly. As I said before I'm on wifi... and it has been noted before that this is an issue for some strange reason.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
TODAY, hard example of issue in TASKS section.

I ticked off 'order water filter' over an hour ago on the phone... its still showing (after a refresh on the PC) on the website. But not on the phone.
In reverse, I ticked off 'call school uniform shop' on the website about 5mins ago and it is still showing on the android phone. EVEN if I 'pull down' on the task list, which I would presume is 'refresh' on the phone, there is no change to either website (water filter) or phone (uniform shop).

will wait 1/2hr and report back.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
Hi,
I've raised this before but it's reaching serious issue type problem level for me.

I use:
1. Win 7 laptop on cable - website toodledo
2. Samsung Galaxy S5 (android app); usually just on wifi, NOT mobile data as I work from home.

And frequently (daily ++) the android app is not in sync with the website. Especially noticeably with the habits which I use daily but am struggling as frequently (like again today) I look at the chains and half of them a 'broken' from yesterday yet I KNOW I ticked them off on the website during the workday, yet the android app has not sync/updated.

In fact, there is NO WAY to manually sync/update in "HABITS" as there is no settings 'cog' in the top right at all. I have to change back to Tasks, hit sync, then go back to Habits. BUT then I think it actually overrides the website settings with the current android ones as lo, I havent done my habits yesterday....

I havent come up with a scientific way to check/study this phenomenon, I can just say it happens, and happens frequently enough to frustrate me and render the habit section next-to-useless.

SO... help please! I'm happy test run/ trial to figure out the issue but I think it relates to wifi (has in past) not syncing regularly or receiving updates from the website or something (why the heck not?).

Thank you all....

[P.S. I'd really like away to have two widgets on my phone - one that takes me straight to Tasks, and one just for Habits as its is, as I said before, a pest having to switch back and forth all the time].
fiona.c

Posted Nov 05, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
Score: 1
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2015
  • Score: 1
HABITS - when will app reflect new features of periodic habits?
HABITS - when will habits have ability to manual sync? There are no settings/dots on the RHS of the top bar in habits, as there is in tasks
HABITS - per my support ticket - REALLY need the 'local' date issue fixed for us ahead of the US. Still showing today as 'yesterday' in US time, not AEDT.

THANKS... I want to rely on this app sooo much. It needs to mirror the web more closely (please).
fiona.c

Posted Oct 26, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 5
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
  • Score: 5
Hi Jake,
I understand your 'logic' but really, I rarely make changes to the way my list displays. I have various searches set up and I use them to vary the way the list looks. I only really use top left stuff to make structural changes, as a one off. Not a daily activity.

Most focus is on the top left... then down to review list (typical english speakers, left to right, top to bottom reading).

As has been said, with widescreen monitors that top left is a looooooong way away. and if I have toodledo on the right hand monitor of my 3 monitor set up.... its just been banished to the faaaaar right, real estate rarely traveled by my mouse as if I decide to make structural changes to my searches (ie use those top right buttons) i'll move the window to my main monitor, make the changes and return it. BUT I add tasks intermittently during the day as stuff happens or occurs to me.

Hope you can change this...
Fiona
fiona.c

Posted Sep 13, 2015 in: Whats about change Completion Date ?
Score: 2
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2015
  • Score: 2
I absolutely agree on this as VITAL.

And the 'workaround' of a daily task is useless (sorry) as I NEED this feature for time sensitive tasks that repeat at longer intervals like approximately 24days.

I need to know when the 24th day is approaching... so I'm ready for the task when it lands on my desk. AND I need to track the variance from 24 days so if I dont check it off the day it is done, then my reporting is all out for the year. It is most frustrating.
fiona.c

Posted Sep 06, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 3
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2015
  • Score: 3
Personally - I like Toodledo's interface. Its simple and efficient (IMHO).
fiona.c

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: LOST habit data, Do you Backup???
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2015
Hi all,

I'm VERY PLEASED to report that support has 'fixed' my issue and restored my habit data to me! :-) :-) :-))))

So I'm off to back it up again!
cheerio...
fiona.c

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: LOST habit data, Do you Backup???
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2015
I've had an issue the last two days [yes, support ticket logged] where some of my habits have suddenly changed 'type'.

For example, yesterday my 'juggling' habit which was a number habit (logging number of juggles in a row!) showed up as a 'tick box' losing all data.
My 'walk the dog' tick box habit is now a 'number habit'.

Today, my Weight tracking has lost ALL my data and is now a tick box, and a new habit created yesterday as a star/ranking has also converted to a tick box.

I am posting this to see if anyone else has ever experienced this (and what the solution was) - Support dont appear to have seen this before.

AND to recommend you folks BACK UP YOUR DATA. I didn't know you could (and I'm usually anal about this sort of thing) but under "TOOLS" is a backup/export option. I suggest you use it.
fiona.c

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: ToodleDo Mobile App for Android
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2015
It would help if we could access our SAVED SEARCHES folder on the app - not being able to use this is extremely frustrating. Seems a major oversight.
fiona.c

Posted Aug 03, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2015
Posted by slavka.sedlackova:
I really enjoy Habits, the only thing I miss is the possibility to export Habits data. Are you planning on adding this option?

AGREE - need to be able to export the data.
Also I'm concerned what is going to happen to my weight data once the year rolls around...
Already it frustrates me by averaging data over periods that I cant figure out. I dont want averages.. I want the ACTUAL data.
Its hard enough dealing with a monthly hormonal cycle affecting my weight without some formula "averaging" it further for me!
I WANT to see the highs and lows...

So...
1) access to original raw data input into habit
2) option to NOT AVERAGE/SMOOTH data/history
3) YoY graph?

And votes for
4) optional adding to 'tasks' for day [reduce number of tabs have to open]
5) periodic tasks (M-F, Mon & Thu for 5:2 fasting; every Sat etc)

Thanks! :-)
fiona.c

Posted Jul 01, 2015 in: Whats about change Completion Date ?
Score: 3
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2015
  • Score: 3
This is a really BASIC need as I FREQUENTLY complete tasks but dont get to tick them as completed that day, so can only do it the next day.
This messes up my reporting what I've done each day and as is pointed out.

WORSE - it messes up the 'repeat from completed' dates which is REALLY frustrating.

PLEASE escalate it up the priority level on your toodledo list.
Thanks.
fiona.c

Posted Jun 03, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 4
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2015
  • Score: 4
Posted by Business Support LLC:

2) Ability to put tasks and habits on the same view. I have, like others, put my habits as a task in the past. I looked at the habits when it first came out and wasn't interested enough to use it. After playing with habits recently in another app, I went back to look at toodledo habits and liked the changes. BUT I really, really want them on a view with today's tasks (I saw there is a bunch of other people who want the same thing).
So I see all of today's items I need to do (tasks & habits) on one view. And I would love the goal progress I want to see on the same view.

I support this request to 'join' habits & tasks on one page, which has been asked for many many times.

WHY this is SO important is that having more than one 'to-do' list for any day is in-efficient and distracting. Efficiency and Effectiveness depend on having one clear list of goals/tasks/activities. Splitting to-do's and 'habits' is splitting our attention and energy.

I think having the separate tab is ok, as long as the habits appear on the to-do list as well... not necessarily an easy request I appreciate that. But I think it can be done (I'm only a baby-database programmer).
fiona.c

Posted May 07, 2015 in: Habits Update
Score: 1
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: May 07, 2015
  • Score: 1
Hum, I'm a bit confronted by the "FAILED" as the only option for not doing a habit. I have several that are alternate days (eg Gym M,W,F and walk T, Th) so I havent 'failed' these by not doing, nor have a i forgotten to log them. I am just not scheduled to do them.

I know you have not gone down the non-every-day habit path... but could I ask that a simple 'not today' flag be exchanged for 'failed' - its soooo negative. too. I tried it and immediately un-crossed the habit as it was soooo the wrong message for me. It falls in the 'beating myself up' bucket instead of simply acknowledging a miss and moving on.

Thanks.
fiona.c

Posted Mar 16, 2015 in: Lists on Android
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2015
note: I can access the list via internet page on my android - not perfect, but at least not totally 'lost' when I'm out! :)
fiona.c

Posted Mar 16, 2015 in: TAG sort order changed/broken ???
  • fiona.c
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAYS..... thank you so much Jake for fixing the custom search too - its all appearing "right" now. Ah.. gonna make my day much easier and productive... now to just start...
fiona.c

Posted Mar 16, 2015 in: TAG sort order changed/broken ???
  • fiona.c
Jake,
further to this plea for help.... I think the issue remains with CUSTOM SEARCHES.
when I go to tasks via 'view by' options (eg Folder, or Due Date) it sorts just fine.
BUT any custom search (yes, I tried creating a new one) still sorts tags the 'old' way...

Hope this helps you find the naughty bid of coding... (obviously the sort code in custom searches is independent of the other view options which I would think is an odd way of doing it.....)

cheerio
Fiona
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next