ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Aamy"
Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Blackberry sync
Score: 0
  • Aamy
  • Posted: May 25, 2009
  • Score: 0
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

This message was edited May 25, 2009.
Aamy

• Aamy
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: iPhone sync not working again
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Attaching files to Notebook entries
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Pocket Informant to Sync with Toodledo
Score: 1
  • Aamy
  • Score: 1

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Feature Request - iPhone Task Display
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: GTD Components
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: CSV Import and SubTasks
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Manuel ??
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Notebook to To-Do List
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Getting alerts via Growl/Fluid
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Sync Contexts to Outlook Categories
  • Aamy

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Lists?
  • Aamy

Aamy

Score: 2
  • Aamy
  • Score: 2
Hiya, dear Toodledo PocketInformant/PI syncher!

Myself and couple of other Toodledo-PI users (PocketInformant PIM iphone application) have some sync mapping issue and we are trying to find a solution that will fit both basic as well us pro user of Toodledo.

The issue revolves around using Toodledo folders as either as PI calendars (which is prominently followed by pro users) or as PI projects (which is followed by basic users).

Using the Toodledo tags as PI calendar has also been discussed since tags are InlineEdited (and tasks are multi-tagged too) in Toodledo and many do not use them as PI calendars.

We are expecting to hear from fellow Toodledo PI users on this issue and about the proposed solution which might help both basic and pro users to customize their sync.

The proposed solution is a very very simple but its very powerful, flexible and scalable one (even when PI introduces Tags and Subtasks and when Toodledo introduce something like projects! Just a simple assumption, no whirlwinds).

Request you to check the detailed discussions at - http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=14127 and voice your opinions, feedback and suggestions.

http://feedback.webis.net/pages/16749-pocket-informant-for-iphone/suggestions/197664-flexible-toodle do-pi-sync-settings-for-basic-pro-users

Much appreciated your opinions, suggestions & voting for the feature. Many Thanks.

Affly Aamy :-)

----------------

Brief summary of the proposed solution

Sync Toodledo-Folders as "PI-Projects" (default) or "PI-Calendars" in the Toodledo Sync Advanced Settings (flushing out idea of Toodledo-Tags for Calendars)

Where the former results in

Toodledo-Folders <-> PI-Projects
Toodledo-Tasks <-> PI-Tasks
Toodledo-SubTasks <-> PI-SubTasks (when its available in PI)

and the later results in

Toodledo-Folders <-> PI-Calendars
Toodledo-Tasks (with subtasks) <-> PI-Projects
Toodledo-SubTasks <-> PI-Tasks (under projects if necessary)
Aamy

Posted May 22, 2009 in: Todo 2 now out
  • Aamy
  • Posted: May 22, 2009
Hiya,

New to the forum. I too felt the Todo 2.0 is an awesome update, with one major drawback which takes it far from even basic GTD optimal use. If it showed the project under the tasks (instead of the project itself) in the Focussed list (Hotlist), it would have been great. I don't understand why they wanted to use the list names under the taskNames/projectNames when the list are usually less in numbers and you can use color coding to identify tasks under which lists they belong it. But its a not a big pain, just an option which can be removed.

But instead of having this option, the option should have been "Show either Project or List" under the tasks and don't show the projects themselves and just show NextActions - would have made a 500% success from my personal opinion.

I have tons of other suggestions also - find it here http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo/browse_thread/thread/0f327237c9c6a2ba#

Since the NextActions are my most important preference rather than having tons of NextActionProjects in my Focussed list, I found this wonderful feature already available in Pocket Informant. They are awesome with having both todo and calendars in a single app. I don't imagine going back to Appigo's todo if the PocketInformant improve their Toodledo sync anomoly and improve their stability.

But, I would advice you not to try it till heir next version (which is already submitted to Apple) in the next few days is out. Because their current version, really sucks when it comes to performance, unless u don't have a heavy list of tasks, plz plz don't try it, u will start hating it.

And, moreover, they have one huge drawback for synching with Toodledo basic and pro account users. More details of my posts here - http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=14127 - and I have given a solution for this anomoly, its under discussion and hopefully we sort it out using their Toodledo Sync setting tweaks. Hopefully!

Affly Aamy :-)
Skip to Page:  1   2