Posted Aug 12, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
Score: 0
  • tannen
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by Bob Dusterberg:
Posted by jloukota:
Posted by Jake:
I'm not seeing this. Can you please send us a screenshot?

I'm getting the same "space" on the right-hand side of the screen.

Running windows 10

Trying to send a screen-shot, but can't paste here for some reason

I was getting the same behavior. Know that you can adjust column widths to remove the white space... but an annoying and inconvenient "feature"

Thanks for pointing that out, Bob, but unfortunately that only works in Grid mode. I use the Multi-Line mode and that's where the white space shows up.
tannen

Score: 0
  • tannen
  • Score: 0
Sure, be glad to but I'm not sure how to send it. Should I open a support ticket?

Thanks.
tannen

Score: 1
  • tannen
  • Score: 1
Hi Jake,

The Navigation Bar changes look great, the "product switched" Account Menu is a nice change, and I like the new font. But there is one MAJOR problem with this redesign - for some inexplicable reason, there is a good FOUR INCHES of blank white space on the right side of all the views when the browser window is in full screen mode (which is how I always work). I can see how the view scales in a small window, but why can't it scale for a maximized window? Along with being a complete waste of space, tasks with more than 130 characters now wrap in a visually disruptive way, and when clicking on a task field to go into edit mode there is only about 2/3 of the field visible. This is another waste of usable space.

I've tested in IE, Firefox, and Chrome so it doesn't appear to be just a browser issue. Could this a coding problem or is this by design? I've been using Toodledo for many years and I can't imagine living without it, but this feels like a big step backwards for heavy task users and is going to be something that will really bug me every time I open my browser. Can you PLEASE fix this?

Thank you very much.

Skip Tannen
tannen

Posted Jun 05, 2012 in: Automatically mark a task as complete?
  • tannen
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2012
I work in IT and one week a month I'm responsible for managing support tickets. The schedule is done a month in advance, so I want to have a task show up on the date that I start doing tickets and have it disappear the day after I finish my shift.

Unfortunately, I still don't have this working. I thought the testing I did worked, but the task that was supposed to show up today did not. I had set the start date for today and set the due date as Optionally On one week from today. Since the task didn't show until I unchecked Show Future Tasks, I'm assuming that setting acts only on the due date and not the start date. For future tasks like this one, I guess I'll set the due date as optionally on for the next day I am scheduled and just manually remove it when I finish the shift. It looks like I can't do what I was hoping to do.
tannen

Posted May 22, 2012 in: Automatically mark a task as complete?
Score: -1
  • tannen
  • Posted: May 22, 2012
  • Score: -1
Over the last few days I tested some tasks with different dates that were set for "Optionally On" and it worked perfectly - thanks for the advice!
tannen

Posted May 18, 2012 in: Automatically mark a task as complete?
  • tannen
  • Posted: May 18, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to have a task automatically marked as complete on a certain day. I have done a fair amount of searching on this and haven't found a way to do it. I understand that this is not good GTD practice, but...

I have a particular task that I would like to have show up on a certain date in the future and be visible for x number of days before it's removed or marked as complete. I've played around with setting start dates, due dates, etc but I have not hit on a way to to do what I want. My current setup is a folder view with Recently Completed Tasks and Future Tasks deselected.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!
Skip to Page:  1   2