ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by lotsapoppa"
lotsapoppa

Score: 0
Thank you for contributing to the conversation, Salgud.

The solution you suggest works just fine, but I am in need of an "on the fly" method that only a filtered method would provide. My needs deal directly with the view I am currently in and then the next action to filter by folder within that view. Another level of thinning out the view, if you will.

I would rather not create a new search for every one-off case I might have. The list of saved searches will quickly become bulky.
lotsapoppa

Please provide the ability to filter out 1 or more folders using the "Eye" icon and the filtering options. While the current application's functionality is powerful, it is not complete. I want to not only filter on tags and context, but also folders.

For example...

Filter on folders "A" and "B".
Filter on context "@Home"
Filter on tags "#Waiting-For"

This would allow me to view EXACTLY the tags I want to see instead of others that might exist in other folders.

Current workaround is to go to a specific folder and filter, but this method only allows me to see one folder at a time instead of multiple folders at once.

My thanks for considering this request.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 20, 2016 in: Disconnect Between Habits and Tasks
Score: 2
The Habit feature in Toodledo is powerful and can be - potentially - life changing. However, it is set off to the side and alone when I think it should be fully implemented with the Task features. Or, at the very least, significantly linked.

For example, I would like to create a Task that says "Drink your Water!" and have it link to the Habit. When I complete the task, I also complete the Habit. I watch my task list much more often than I do my Habit list. Even with alarms in Habits, I find myself spending more time and focusing more on my to-do's of the day rather than my habits meant to improve myself over time.

Please consider making the linkage between Task and Habit stronger so we can fully benefit from both.

Thanks.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 19, 2016 in: Folders for Lists and Outline
Score: 3
Agreed!

Outlines and Lists should match what Notes is doing. An A-Z "All" and folder organization is essential for organization and quick retrieval.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 16, 2016 in: Allow Custom Values for Priority List
Score: 1
We are currently allowed to create our own tag values. I would also like to see the functionality provided that allows clients to customize their priority text values so they are more meaningful to them.

For example, clients are currently forced to use the following:

3 Top
2 High
1 Medium
0 Low
-1 Negative

I would like to customize them to say the following:

3 Today
2 This Week
1 This Month
0 Standby
-1 Captured

Please consider this functionality for a future release of Toodledo.

Thanks.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 14, 2016 in: Create Rules for Certain Conditions?
I would guess that many of us know someone who can program, but I would prefer to see this type of functionality be implemented by the Toodledo team so we know it works and we can all share in the fun.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 14, 2016 in: Create Rules for Certain Conditions?
It would be nice if we could set rules for Toodledo to complete automatic actions. Three that would be very helpful include the follow.

o If Date Due = "Today", set Priority to "1 Top".

o If task is from email "[email protected]", send to folder "Family" and set Priority to "1 Top".

o If task is "10 or more days old", set Status to "Next Action"

Having these rules run in the background would help the client complete administrative tasks and make Toodledo all the more powerful.

Thank you for considering.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 14, 2016 in: Habits linked to tasks?
I agree. This would be handy.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 12, 2016 in: Batch Processing for Files
Because Toodledo does not currently allow EML files to be attached, whenever I send an email to Toodledo I also get a lot of unnecessary files (signature images, etc.).

I would like to have the ability to batch processes files so I an mass delete those I do not need. Current, I have to go through each one and delete the files separately.

My thanks for considering.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 12, 2016 in: ICS subscription Refresh Time/Schedule
When and how often does the ICS updates get saved and made available to those other applications that use the ICS URL?

I have made several changes and none of my calendars (on Google and EM Client) are showing the updates. We are going on hour 2 and still no changes.

My thanks for any information that can be provided.
lotsapoppa

Look under you Account Settings and find "Delete Completed Tasks". The setting states when completed tasks are deleted.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 12, 2016 in: sync problems across all gadgets
Yep, I, too, am having sync problems. I have gone so far as to swear and turn my device on and off again.

The desperate actions of a desperate man...
lotsapoppa

Posted by Jake:
... if you cause the list to refresh, it will hide the future occurrence and the completed occurrence if your filters are set to do so.

Jake, I have the same issue as Laura. My completed tasks respaw and do not go away on my iOS device. After multiple attempt of trying to make the Hot List refresh, it does ot update itself by removing future (tomorrow + ) repeatable tasks.

What are we doing wrong, sir?
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 12, 2016 in: Do Not Show Start Date in iCal Calendar
I really like the fact that I can indicate when a task should be started.

However, when the Start date is exported/synced to a calendar, it shows as an event start date and then tracks each day until the task/project is done as a duration. This is clogging up my calendar with information that is not relevant to me.

Is it possible to not have the start date in the calendar information? I only want the due dates to be in my calendar and I want do do all my planning (with start dates) in Toodledo.

lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 11, 2016 in: Forward Email as Attachment
Thank you for the explanation, Jake.

If you bump into the developers while roaming the halls of Toodledo Central, please comment to them that the clients would very much like to see this issue resolved.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: Aged tasks
@johnprince2112, give this a try.

1. Open Advanced Search.

2. First search argument should be "Status Is [Status_Value]", where the [Status_Value] could be Active, for example.

3. Second search argument should be "Date Modified Was Not In the Last [Number] Days", where the [Number] could be 10, for example.

The results will show all the current tasks that are X days old or older without being modified that have the status value noted by you. You'll have to create a search argument for each status you want to review.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 07, 2016 in: Allow Custom Client Color Scheme
The current colors for tasks based on their status or severity works, but is meaningless to me.

I would prefer to be able to set up my own color values to represent values.

A status example...

RED = 3
Yellow = 2
Green = 1
Blue = 0
Black = -1

lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 07, 2016 in: Make Notes More Blog Like
The current iteration of Notes does not allow for robust formatting and highlighting of text. A possible solution would be to implement the same tools and features as blogs currently have for their posts. This would allow the client to write and upload images into their Notes, use features to highlight text, and add color where need be for emphasis.

lotsapoppa

I'm having the same problem.

I find forwarding an email as an original results in a garbled mess as the application attempts to take formatted HTML and puts it in plain text.

A much more elegant solution would be to allow clients to forward email as an attachment (*.eml file). Let the local email application handle the file association.
lotsapoppa

Posted Sep 07, 2016 in: Forward Email as Attachment
Greetings.

I am attempting to forward an email as an attachment (EML file, to be specific). However, it fails to recognize the attached .EML file as an attachment. I am a Platinum subscriber and believe what I am attempting to do is within the available functionality of the application.

Thoughts and or suggestions from the community?

In the meantime, I am just forwarding the emails as an original copy, but this is not the most elegant of solutions.

My thanks for any suggestions or advice any care to give.

Cyrus
Skip to Page:  1   2