ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Yannis"
Yannis

Posted Jan 09, 2010 in: How to use folders?
Score: 0
  • Yannis
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2010
  • Score: 0
Some people use "folder" as a synonym of "role." For example, you may create such folders as "parent", "scholar", "programmer"… I find this to be a wise decision because roles rarely overlap, and therefore the categorization of tasks in such folders tends to be unambiguous.

I am sure there are other alternative uses of folders, as well, so this is just a suggestion.
Yannis

• Yannis
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2010
I second gadgetgirl's request: Please allow subtasks to be viewed indented/nested. If this is not possible due to the limited space on the iPhone screen, then please allow subtasks to be viewed with a single tap à la Appigo Todo (the current requirement is unjustifiably complicated in terms of UI design: tap—scroll down—tap again)!

Thank you.

This message was edited Jan 09, 2010.
Yannis

Score: 1
  • Yannis
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2010
  • Score: 1
I often wish the Toodledo app rivalled Appigo's Todo in terms of UI polish. Case in point:

Task titles in the Toodledo app have too little horizontal space available to them due to the star, repeat and/or project symbols on their right. As a result, titles are often abbreviated and appear partially. It is such a waste of time and such an annoyance to have to click on an individual task in order to simply read the title in its entirety. The solution is simple: Allow the title text to extend to a second line if necessary instead of abbreviating it with ellipses! (see Appigo)

I hope you would agree with me that this is not a minor quibble. I have often reflexively neglected or overlooked tasks because of such incomplete (and thus syntactically incoherent) titles.

Thank you.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2010.
Yannis

• Yannis
Allow me to reactivate this thread some six months (and a few updates) later by agreeing with the OP that the UI of the iPhone app is very slow. I use an iPhone 3G with 5GB of free memory yet the poor thing fails to even scroll smoothly...! (even after reinstalling/rebooting)

I also think there is a clear consensus in the community when it comes to iPhone GTD apps:
Toodledo is the leader in terms of "functionality", but is dwarfed by Appigo in terms of polish and UI design.

Toodledo, please devote some resources to polishing your UI! GTD is about clarity of mind, and visuals do matter in this sense.

Thank you.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2010.
Yannis

Posted Jan 04, 2010 in: Subtasks with the iphone App
  • Yannis
Yes indeed! The display of subtasks on the iPhone app is subpar to say the least. The Appigo implementation is exemplary. Why not take a few UI cues from there?
Skip to Page:  1   2