ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Osaga"
Osaga

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
Score: 0
  • Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
I have been using ToodleDo for 3 weeks now and I have seen consistent small updates that make a world of difference.

We ask and ToodleDo not only listens, but makes happen very quickly.

Thanks again!
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2010
I too agree about the UI, but as long as it does not slow things down and mess with the ability for quick access to functionality.
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2010
For all those who use GTD I respect the fact that you do not have to use multiple contexts that is fine, but don't vote it down just because it does not fit into your system. Having the ability to use multiple contexts does not mean you have to choose multiple contexts, just pick only one.

Now for those of us who do not live by GTD and want to choose another system or customize GTD to our needs then we do need multiple contexts.

Again, by voting against multiple contexts you are voting to limit the functionality and customer appeal to ToodleDo, which is a bad move in many respects.
Osaga

Posted Jan 12, 2010 in: Task emailing + Permalinks
  • Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Great feature! thank you!
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Awesome! Thanks for the update. This will work just as well as the multiple contexts.
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2010
You'll find a couple of different themes available with this search:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/search.php?search=theme
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2010
As the original posted I have one more idea that would work instead of using multiple contexts. It would involve the tags. Yes, I know you can use multiple tags, but if you end up using a lot of tags you have to remember all of them when it comes to typing them in and also you have to type them which makes them error prone to spelling mistakes.

What would work great would be a window that pops up with all of your currently used tags with checkboxes next to each one and then you can just easily click which tags you want to use. There would also be a field to enter in a new tag.

Really hoping to see this feature available.
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Yeah. I put that topic up so that the good folks at TD will take note and to stir up votes to get it moved to the top of the list. Please add your +1 to this topic!
Osaga

• Osaga
I too have used MLO and still would if it was online. ToodleDo is the closest I've been able to find. I too would love to see this feature added. MLO is actually better in it's implementation and has more features. I really hope that ToodleDo will implement it's best features.
Osaga

Score: 1
  • Osaga
  • Score: 1
In Response to alanzeke...

Allowing multiple contexts will in no way affect the GTD folks. You can still use just one context if you need to. I would not limit ToodleDo to the GTD methodology. It should be open and flexible as at some point the GTD will be eclipsed by something better as all things are.

Why would you want to limit this programs potential and flexibility?
Osaga

• Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Problem with tags is you have to make sure you type them in every time and not misspelled. With a list you can just select the ones you need with 2 clicks. With tags I have to type the same thing every time... and I add a lot of tasks all the time. Tags are too time consuming.
Osaga

Score: 10
  • Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2010
  • Score: 10
Please voice your vote if you would think this to be a useful feature for ToodleDo.

Multiple Contexts Per Task

Contexts are great! They help to organize tasks without having too rely completely on folders. I propose the ability for a task to have multiple contexts.

What this will do for you:
1. Allows you to organize and locate your tasks.

Example
Having a context for Work and Personal works well. If you have a task "Build New Back Deck", you can set the contexts to "Personal" and "Project". And if you have a task "Create Annual Marketing Project" you can set the contexts to "Work" and "Project".

Now using saved or filtered searches you can view all projects you have that are related or work or projects that are personal. This way you don't have to use folders or use less folders.

1. Reduce folder clutter.
2. Allow for much easier organization.

Using this feature in conjunction with the "Saved Views Update" I proposed in the previous topic will make ToodleDo much easier to use and also much more personalized.

Please respond with a yes or why you think this might not work.

Thanks, Osaga
Osaga

Score: 18
  • Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2010
  • Score: 18
Please voice your vote if you would think this to be a useful feature for ToodleDo.

Custom Views or Saved Views Update

Currently you can create and save customs views. I propose the following minor tweaks what would make these saved searches actually useful and would cut out all the time spent in sorting, re-sorting, filtering and re-filtering.

Tweaks:
1. Allow Sorting, Filtering and Collaborators adjustments to be saved with the saved search. (This is the most critical part.)
2. Allow reordering of the tabs for these saved searches.
3. Allow renaming of saved searches.
4. Add another section to the top called "My Lists" (or favorites) that has only these saved searches.

1. Gives you your own personal section with all of your most used task lists. Maybe one is for your goals, the other for your daily work list, another for your daily home list and another for your current project all sorted and filtered appropriately.
2. Reduce the amount of time clicking around trying to find your most used views, resorting, reordering and reclicking.
3. Keeps ToodleDo simple once set up.
4. Doesn't slow you down and you know exactly where everything is.

Please respond with a yes or why you think this might not work.

Thanks, Osaga

This message was edited Jan 03, 2010.
Osaga

Posted Jan 01, 2010 in: Subtask for my subtask
Score: 1
  • Osaga
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2010
  • Score: 1
I too would like to see this option available.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2