ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Chris McKay"
Chris McKay

Score: 0
If there's enough interest, then yes. Right now, I'm seeing very little interest in the desktop side and a whole lot more interest in the Android client. So, I haven't decided what to do just yet.
Chris McKay

The contexts in the inbox is a bug that's getting a fix for tonight.

As for "future" tasks, if you set a start date of tomorrow or later it will not appear in the "Today" view. If you're looking in "All Tasks" or the individual contexts you will need to use the filter "Start Date is on or before today" and "Due Date is on or before today" (with "All conditions" being selected).

The help file got messed up so I pulled it in the last build (I had to put out a quick build because I had a sync problem), but I'll work on the fixes for tonight's build.

As for the crash, I think I know what's going on there. But, just to be sure, I'm adding a crash tracker so that you can report those to me so that I can get them fixed ASAP.
Chris McKay

Ironically it was available a few days ago. It was just released last week. Oh well. I'm sorry for both of us that I didn't here sooner.
Chris McKay

I've got a desktop client for ToodleDo called "Due Today". It has desktop alerts, a daily overdue reminder and you can enter tasks from any window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T (as long as the program is running, of course).

You can find out more here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/windows/DueToday
Chris McKay

Posted Mar 03, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
I've just released Due Today for Windows. It's similar to the Android version, but definitely designed for Windows.

For more information, please see my post on my forums here:
http://forum.lakeridgesoftware.com/showthread.php?t=16779
Chris McKay

I might be a bit biased, but I prefer Due Today (I'm biased since I wrote it).

Anyway, it just got Honeycomb tablet support and several new features. But, of course, it's up to you.
Chris McKay

Posted Feb 15, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
Sorry about that. The Android app only costs $2.99, which is still cheaper than equivalent iPhone apps (most are $4.99 to $19.99). Plus, the Android app has a builtin tablet view (for use in landscape), making it significantly cheaper than say Omnifocus and Things for the iPad.

Anyway, I'm just trying to keep prices low since we live in a rough economy right now.
Chris McKay

Posted Feb 15, 2011 in: Due Today Support for Tablets
Just a reminder: if you have an Android tablet such as the Galaxy Tab, the paid version of Due Today has support for it.

Thanks!
Chris McKay

Posted Feb 15, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
Yes. I plan on releasing it for $14.99 USD. Far cheaper than other solutions currently out there.
Chris McKay

Posted Feb 14, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
Well, I can honestly say that I didn't look at your mock up for the design. Mostly because I have no idea who you are.

I'm sorry that I may or may not have taken your idea.
Chris McKay

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
Score: 1
I've just uploaded the first public beta of Due Today for Windows. It's extremely light-weight and fast.

If you've used Due Today on your Android phone then I highly recommend this. If you don't, though, that's ok because it syncs great with ToodleDo.

Here's the link:
http://forum.lakeridgesoftware.com/showthread.php?t=16726

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
Chris McKay

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
I've just put in the finishing touches for Due Today for Windows and I'm now accepting beta testers. This syncs with ToodleDo exactly the same way that Due Today for Android does.

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected].
Chris McKay

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: Additional metadata for folders
Thank you. I may go that route.
Chris McKay

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: Additional metadata for folders
Because I created my application before I added ToodleDo sync support, I decided to map my projects to ToodleDo's folders (it's the easiest way to maintain the user's organization on both ToodleDo and my app).

As a result, my projects have a few extra pieces of data (such as a due date and a context). Is there any recommended way of syncing metadata with the folders? Or am I just out of luck?
Chris McKay

I'd recommend Due Today for Android (it also has an iOS app coming in the near future). The paid version supports subtasks (with or without a ToodleDo Pro account) and syncs with ToodleDo.

If you're not using a ToodleDo Pro account, the subtasks will just sync as regular tasks, but the hierarchy will remain on your phone.
Chris McKay

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: Due Today for Android
@ross: Today's fix corrected that. The tasks will now fill the entire height of the widget.

@spencer: Please see the email I just sent you regarding that issue.
Chris McKay

Posted Nov 24, 2010 in: Due Today for Android
I'm hoping to issue an update today to address that particular issue. Thankfully it is just a matter of timezones.
Chris McKay

Posted Nov 08, 2010 in: Due Today for Android
It's not something I had considered, so it's not there at the moment. But, I can definitely add it to the list.
Chris McKay

Posted Nov 06, 2010 in: Due Today for Android
Just a note, I've upgraded Due Today for Android. It now uses the 2.0 syncing API. Also, if you're using a Galaxy Tab, you now get a better landscape mode.

Also, it has added support for the status field. Depending on the status you set on ToodleDo, the tasks will be filtered into appropriate views in the app.

For more information about what's changed, please see this page:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/android/DueToday/revise.php
Chris McKay

Posted Nov 05, 2010 in: Problems with Delete
Thank you. I was getting around it by setting the deleted tasks as completed on "1". This is much nicer.

Also, how do I get my task listed on the Tools and Services page? I've sent a few emails, but I've never gotten a response.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next