ChrisFR

Posted Mar 16, 2011 in: Tooredo web interface
Score: 0
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2011
  • Score: 0
Saskia,

I just saw your post today. Oops.

I liked your suggestion and now when you click on a task to enter view/edit mode, there is a new link called "View on Toodledo"
It relies on Toodledo's search feature, though, so it works for now but I cannot guarantee that it will keep working...

Anyone else has any UI suggestion?

Cheers!
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Toodledo alternate web interface
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Wow. I cannot believe how much I had broken it with a simple comma, for you IE users.
If you try the app again, you may find that it is quite different from what you saw before.
All apologies about that.

Peter: thanks a lot for giving it a try. I will look into the date issue.
Yes, the application was written to match my own needs first (:g:) and I feel that an all-keyboard interface is a good place to start, hence the 't' thing.
I will I will add a 'tasks' link next to 'help' and 'test'

Cheers,
-C.
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Toodledo alternate web interface
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2010
Salgud, thanks for testing it out.

What browser are you using? Obviously there are some issues here since these buttons did not work for you. Maybe more things did not work either, which might obviously make the app a bit worse for your taste :)

The sample tasks are simply there to give you an idea of what type of syntax you can use. Admittedly they are a tad goofy. I suppose that "day after tomorrow" if a bit more relevant than "day after Saturday"

The whole idea is to allow you to capture a new task very quickly, following the GTD methodoloogy: you simply enter your taks info as a string of text. No context, no project, nothing.
Yes, you can also enter these guys as well but it's only if you feel like it. In fact, I am afraid that you may not even have seen that due to browser incompatibility. My fault, of course, for not testing on more browsers!

-C.
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 29, 2010 in: Toodledo alternate web interface
Score: 1
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hi guys,

Sorry for cross-posting this but I already got some goot feedback from fellow developers so I feel like you should get a chance to have a look at it for yourselves:

I love Toodledo. However Toodledo's web interface has always left me feeling that it could be, better.

So, if you are interested in beta testing an alternate interface -- which I dubbed Tooredo -- just let me know. It can be found at http://labs.voilaweb.com/tooredo

Do not let its seemingly simplistic look fool you: that's the whole idea. You can do lots of things with it without being overwhelmed (or at least that's what I'm trying to achieve here)
You can display tasks, filter them based on context and folder, create new tasks using "almost" natural language, edit existing tasks, re-prioritize them, create folders and contexts on-the-fly, etc.

Please click the 'help' link to get a better idea of what's there.

Cheers,
-Chris.

Note: Feedback is VERY welcome!
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Thanks.

Current input parsing is still very much beta quality, really.
Let me know if you have any suggestion; I would like to spend some time improving it.
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 17, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2010
If you have any feedback, I am really eager to hear it, obviously. Let me know what didn't work for you!
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 15, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Sure, the alpha version is available at http://labs.voilaweb.com/tooredo/

If you try it, please post a comment here. The application itself it not storing your IP address or any other kind of identifying information (on purpose), so I have no way to keep track of how many people are testing it.

I expect many glitches in the user interface, so thanks for your patience.

-C.
ChrisFR

Posted Aug 15, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
Score: 2
  • ChrisFR
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2010
  • Score: 2
Hi guys,

I have been a Toodledo user for years, be it of its web ui, iPhone app, then iPad app, etc. I have raged at The Hit List for not being ready and integrated with Toodedo and bemoaned the lack of a good client on Android; in short I love Toodledo.

However Toodledo's web interface has always left me feeling that it could be, er, better.

So, if you are interested in beta testing an alternate interface -- which I dubbed Tooredo -- just let me know. You can see a few screenshots at http://nexus.zteo.com/tooredo-alpha/ and it's a one-page interface.

Also, I am not sure how the good Toodledo folks feel about an alternate web app, so let me know if this is an issue. I created it for my own use so if you don't wish to see it made public, I will live :)

-Chris.
ChrisFR

• ChrisFR
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2009
I don't get it. I am using the Ruby library; is it using up too many calls under the hood?

Here is what my test program currently does:
1. authenticate
2. retrieve folders
3. retrieve contexts
4. retrieve tasks (I noticed that the tasks come with their folders and contexts already instantiated so perhaps the library does more requests for folders and contexts here)
5. Create two tasks

After four or five times: "~/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/toodledo-1.3.1/lib/toodledo/session.rb:216:in `call': Excessive API usage over the last 1 hour. This user is temporarily blocked. (Toodledo::ServerError)"

Arg!!!
ChrisFR

• ChrisFR
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2009
Due to the lack of Toodledo client for the desktop I have started work on a tool to synchronize The Hit List (MAC only) with Toodledo.

I would really like to get help testing my tool, as synchronization is more work than I had originally thought (famous last words!)

So, if you're interested, let me know!

-Chris.