ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by leonard.b.smith"
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 28, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
Score: 1
I'd like to weigh in both as a TD user and as someone who manages a large enterprise messaging service using Exchange 2013. I have used Outlook plug-ins for a number of other task management solutions and they never quite work out. They are always a bit clunky and don't fit well into the Outlook client ecosystem.

Asking TD to support Outlook is a huge undertaking because at least for Exchange 2013, we can support Outlook as far back as Outlook 2007 R3. So TD could potentially need to code for Outlook version 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. Different versions could mean the need to support different code bases and a big commitment to ongoing compatibility testing anytime Microsoft issues a patch.

For all of the investment it would take for TD to produce an OL plug-in, I'd rather see TD expand it's existing feature set.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 28, 2017 in: How do you use the "Context" value?
Sometimes, you can have too many ways to categorize a task. :-)

I moved over to Toodledo from Todoist and wasn't really sure what to do with the "Context" value on my tasks. With Todoist, I was a power user of Tags. Anyway, I started off with one approach using Contexts, but found that it was duplicative of either of the Folder or any Tags.

I considered the definition of "Context" and it was "the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed." That made me look at the "Context" value as an affirmation. Here is what I ended up with. These let me use saved searches to look at various activities, such as "Who do I need to call?" or Who do I need to email?"

* Do Something
* Buy Something
* Call Someone
* Schedule Something
* Email Someone
* Meet with Someone
* Go Somewhere
* Follow-up on Something
* Waiting on Someone
* Remind Me of Something

I would be curious how others use this value.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 28, 2017 in: Anyway to Default to "New View"
Score: 0
Never mind. I found the solution on an earlier thread.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 28, 2017 in: Anyway to Default to "New View"
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default to the be the new "preview" mode for the proposed change in the UI. I love this new look and would like to have this as the default.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 12, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
I would vote for this. Ideally from Outlook, I'd like to:

* Sync Outlook Tasks to Toodledo. I guess the ideal would be a two-way sync, but I would settle for syncing from Outlook to Toodledo.
* Sync email follow-up flags to Toodledo
* Have the ability to click on a given email and then send that to Toodledo as a Task, with the email itself attached to the Task. Support for attaching the email would require a subscription.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 12, 2017 in: Notes Editor
Tasks notes can be formatted using traditional HTML tags.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 12, 2017 in: Controlling HTML Style (a la Todoist)
Hi,

I just figured out that task notes will accept HTML tags after watching a demo on the larger Notes feature. If it worked there, I thought, maybe it would work on task notes. So great.

Thanks for those who replied.

Len

P.S. "In the manner supported by Todoist" = https://support.todoist.com/hc/en-us/articles/205195102-Text-Formatting-
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 12, 2017 in: Default Note Display Behavior
Boom. Thanks.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 09, 2017 in: Default Note Display Behavior
Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the default display behavior for task notes so that they are hidden? It seems that ever time I change a view, my task notes re-expand. I prefer that the default behavior be that notes are hidden.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 05, 2017 in: Notes Editor
I just posted a similar question, but in terms of a more simple formatting capability similar to what is supported in Todoist.
leonard.b.smith

Posted Nov 05, 2017 in: Controlling HTML Style (a la Todoist)
Do you know if it's possible to manage style in notes in the manner supported by Todoist?