• Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Fabiano.

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 3
  • Fabiano.
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
  • Score: 3
The new design is very nice, and much better in many aspects. But something are not good yet, here is my input on what would be more critical to change for now:

- 3 clicks to change most of tasks' properties is too much:
Many properties are changeable via a combobox and for these you need 3 clicks to change; instead of the combo, you display nicer renderized view of the value, which is very nice indeed, the problem is to change the values: first you need to click on the value to display the combo, then click on the combo to expand the values list, then select the value. I believe you could achieve a win-win situation by automatically displaying the combo on the mouse hover, then the user would need just two clicks to change the value and still see the nicer renderized view of the value when not editing.
I have hundreds of tasks and I change their properties a lot, on less click would make a huge difference.

- More distinctive colours: I understand that a theme functionality is underway, but on the actual colorscheme everything looks the same, the tasks are not differentiated by priority and the dividers could be more distinctive as well. The notes icon blends with the rest, I cannot easily see anymore which tasks have notes.

- Hide side bar! C'mon, we shouldn't be needing to horizontally scroll on 1280px screen!

Ok, these item above are what I think is more critical and also easily fixable. I have another suggestion that I believe would greatly improve TD. Reading the motivations and principles on the new interface, I see the removal of clutter as great goal. Looking at my list of tasks, I can see what is the clutter, there is too much default information! My suggestion is very simple: hide all the value and properties that are with their unset/default values, like "No Folder", "No Context", "No date", "None". I see that today these values are already in grey, which already helps, but hidding them would definetly be much better! The controls to change the values could then just appear and the mouse hover, the would be much better and visually pleasant. Other examples: Click for action icon, unset star, without notes icon: all these could just be hidden, we should just see a star when the task is starred, and don't see the grey star, unless the mouse curso is over that task, then all the task grey controls should appear!

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011.