ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by GGG_7"
GGG_7

Posted Jan 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2019
  • Score: 0
I don't understand these comments about the iOS app. It works very well for me and looks fine. Yes, I wish it was sized for my new iPhone XR, but I have been very happy with it for years.

It synchs fast and accurately
It works very well offline, which I need sometimes.
It has so many options for sorting and filtering and is far superior to the iOS apps for RTM and Ticktick in terms of field types, sorting, etc.
You can see all completed tasks in a folder, not just recently completed.
It is very easy to create new folders, tags, contexts and to move them around (easier than on the web interface).
Unlike every other app I've seen, at one glance you can see the creation, modification, and completion dates for any task -- this is crucial for me.
Start dates and Status and Goals are all fields I use that are absent on many other task manager apps.
With Saved Searches, you can see exactly what you want whenever you want.
Regular searching works very well and is fast.
I also use the Notes field which works great for simple notes in folders and sorted by modification or creation date.
And I love having the Habit section on my iPhone to track things wherever I am. I love the graphs and charts it creates.

Of course there are things I wish to see improved, but it is the primary reason I use Toodledo as much as I do and have continued my Gold subscription. I am very upset about having to pay $60 instead of 30, but I will likely do so to keep the functionality of Toodledo. Since my subscription expires early next month, I don't have the time to hunt around to try other companies whose apps aren't as good. But if the iOS app is changed such that the features I listed above are eliminated, then I will not renew again.

Posted by J-O-D:
https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests/p/new-native-mobile-ios-app

I wouldn't say the app is unusable, but still needs probably a complete rewrite.

Posted by paco.diez:
Hi all,
I don't know if this is the forum where I can leave my dissapointment with iOS App. I've bought the app (I don't know if today is free but 6 moths ago I have to purchased) and I think there is'nt any other app in Apple App Store worse than this one: appearence and usability. I couldn't believe after installing it. So, how are you asking for 3€/month (suscription) if we have to use this app. Please, publish a decent update for this app and after we can talk about suscriptions. I'm sorry but is not serious to have an app in App Store or Play Store with this poor quality.
GGG_7

Posted Jan 06, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2019
Posted by GGG_7:
In checking out the posts on the new version of the Toodledo blog, I have found that I am not allowed to comment on any of the posts. It says at the end of each post that "You must be logged in to post a comment." I am logged in and when I click that link it takes me to a wordpress managed login page where my Toodledo username and password do not work. Yet I can find no place for a separate Wordpress login or any instructions about the need to create a Wordpress account. This is very irritating because I want to post a reply to that post. This is another example of the overall sloppiness of the Toodledo communications pages, despite the glitzy new look. I will post my comment to that blog article in the next post.

Immediately after writing this post, I added a post of what I would have written as a reply to the blog post at https://blog.toodledo.com/they-said-itd-be-harder-to-recruit-at-a-two-person-startup-they-were-wrong / It was posted here only because I could not post it there.

I spent about thirty valuable minutes last night writing that second post. It has been deleted by someone (the moderator, most likely). Please send me an email explaining why my post was deleted. There was no inappropriate language in it, and it is no more critical of management than many of the other posts on this forum.

If anyone reading this should post anything to this forum, make a copy and check back to see whether it has been deleted.

I have been a Toodledo user for 11 years and this is the first time anything I have posted here has been deleted.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2019.
GGG_7

Posted Jan 05, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: -1
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2019
  • Score: -1
In checking out the posts on the new version of the Toodledo blog, I have found that I am not allowed to comment on any of the posts. It says at the end of each post that "You must be logged in to post a comment." I am logged in and when I click that link it takes me to a wordpress managed login page where my Toodledo username and password do not work. Yet I can find no place for a separate Wordpress login or any instructions about the need to create a Wordpress account. This is very irritating because I want to post a reply to that post. This is another example of the overall sloppiness of the Toodledo communications pages, despite the glitzy new look. I will post my comment to that blog article in the next post.
GGG_7

• GGG_7
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2018
And the typo of "Toodle" still hasn't been corrected. How hard is it to fix a typo in a webpage? Sloppiness does not make a good impression with job applicants.
GGG_7

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 4
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 4
I want to say first that what distinguishes Toodledo from all the other apps for me is the quality of the iOS app, which allows for all the sorting and filtering I want, shows the creation and modification dates for every task and note, and has an excellent Habits section which I use every day. Many people in this forum have harshly criticized the iOS app, so I am fearful that the changes to come will take away those features I mentioned, which many iOS apps, including OmniFocus and Things3, don't have. Many developers don't think that date-stamping is important. It is essential for me. Please don't turn it into another version of Wunderlist or Todoist.

Second, I am shocked that the price for a Gold subscription has tripled (and it is called "Business). I have been a Gold subscriber for many years, mainly because it retains my completed tasks. The price of $30 a year was reasonable and I appreciated the discount for a two-year renewal. To have to pay so much more to retain my completed tasks for beyond one year (it used to be two in Silver) is distressing, especially since my subscription runs out in early February, which is probably before I will see any significant improvements in the web version or the app. I will probably have to export all the old completed tasks out and think about whether to renew. I have a long history with Toodledo and I will feel very sad if it is no longer worth it to stay a Gold subscriber. I'll decide then, I guess.
GGG_7

Posted Jan 03, 2017 in: Toodledo 2016 - The Year in Review
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2017
You guys are awesome for all you do to improve this rock-solid app that I use every day!

I use the iOS app the most, so please don't take away any features that I depend on, such as the date stamping and the task counting.
Toodledo makes my life better every single day!
GGG_7

Posted Jun 02, 2015 in: GTD, Toodledo & project
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2015
I don't think that it is easy to move tasks back and forth from Toodledo to another online project management tool every day, but you might try using IFTTT to do this. just search for the site and see if it helps.
It might be better to use Toodledo to manage your projects by making them into tasks and then using subtasks for the actions that go on your hotlist. Or you can use the Goals feature to list your projects and connect tasks with their "goals" (projects). Or you can export your tasks to a PM tool that can handle tasks as well.

Hope this helps!
GGG_7

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Progress Report - January 2015
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2015
The blog post said that you are planning a redesign of the iOS app. The last redesign, while it was controversial, has proved to be a big success in my opinion. I use the iPhone and iPad apps all the time and hope that you will keep the great functionality that the apps have now.
GGG_7

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Progress Report - January 2015
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2015
Posted by Widaker:

"And TBH, I don't think Toodledo profits from having a habits section. It shouldn't even have one IMHO. It's a kickass best-of-its-kind task management tool, but if you want a habit tracking tool there are already a lot of better alternatives such as HabitRPG, HabitBull, etc. The same goes for the notes section for that matter (though to a lesser extent): being able to add some info to a task is useful, but if I want to include more info than just some plain text or manage entire notebooks, I'll switch to Evernote or OneNote or the likes."

I have to disagree with Widaker. The Notes section is one of the best things about Toodledo, and it made me into an everyday user and subscriber. The notes are available offline, are easy to sort, and search works well. Evernote requires a subscription to be used offline (my iPad relies on WiFi), and it is overkill for the plain text notes that I like to take. In my view, the notes section is a distinguishing feature that makes Toodledo far better than the other task management apps out there. Outlines, Lists, and Habits I could live without, but not the Notes.

This message was edited Feb 03, 2015.
GGG_7

Posted Jun 01, 2014 in: TextExpander Touch
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2014
Just a reminder that I and others are still waiting to be able to use TextExpander Touch in Toodledo for iOS again. I've had to use workarounds with apps like Drafts, which is a constant irritant.
GGG_7

Posted Jun 01, 2014 in: Toodledo 2013 - The Year in Review
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2014
I do not agree that there is anything old-fashioned about the interface. It was changed a year or so ago and stills looks and works just fine.
GGG_7

Posted Dec 27, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2013
I applaud all the accomplishments you have made this year. But I am still waiting for the return of support for Textexpander on the iOS app (which has been absent since September 18). The recent changes made by Smile Software actually work better (in my opinion) than their original effort to use the Reminders app, so I do not think that it will be difficult for Toodledo to re-instate the support.
GGG_7

Posted Nov 19, 2013 in: Toodledo iOS update for iOS 7
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2013
Thanks, Jake, for the link to the other discussion. I understand better now what's going on.
GGG_7

Posted Nov 15, 2013 in: Toodledo iOS update for iOS 7
Score: 1
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2013
  • Score: 1
I'm disappointed that the latest update did not include support for TextExpander. I have been annoyed about this ever since the OS 7 related update in September (and I mostly use Textexpander on my iOS 6 device anyway), and still no update, even though Drafts and other apps have re-supported Textexpander for a while now.
GGG_7

Posted Feb 18, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2013
I'm a bit surprised so few here have mentioned the tiny font size for the text with Notes. Since I use the Notebook constantly, especially off-line on my iPod Touch (it is one of the reasons why I love using Toodledo), the change to the small fonts (and lessened contrast)in version 3 made it unuseable for me. I hope that the text size will not be so small when the update comes out. I am afraid to upgrade when that happens, so please allow an option (or give instructions)to change back.

I second all the praise above for Jake and his work over the years. I'm hoping that the changes to come will be good ones for those of us who are very happy with the current version of the Toodledo app.
GGG_7

Posted Jan 07, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2013
I for one passionately love the old interface, with the blue colors, the words at the bottom for dates added and modified, and especially for the font sizes, which are exactly right for me. It was this version of the iOS app that made me really fall in love with Toodledo again (even though I have been a pro user for years), because the app is so well designed, has wonderful note-taking features (with TextExpander!) , works perfectly off-line, and synchs beautifully. (The bookmarklet also is yet another excellent feature.) Please keep the choice to have the app the way it is. I am so grateful that this older version was brought back as a choice for those of us who love it and use it many times a day.
GGG_7

Posted Jul 20, 2012 in: LIfehacker poll
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2012
The results of the poll have caused me to lose a lot of respect for the community of lifehacker readers. All of the other apps listed are far inferior to Toodledo, with many of them lacking essential features such as start dates. In addition, Toodledo is also a fantastic record-keeper; because the iOS app supports TextExpander, I can use the Notebook section to record what I'm doing and use time and date stamps, and I can do this offline (which is crucial since I have only an iPod Touch). Despite the poll, there is nothing else out there even close to being as good as Toodledo.
GGG_7

Posted Jul 09, 2012 in: LIfehacker poll
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2012
In the Top Five Contenders article cited in the previous post, Lifehacker says that Toodledo can synch with Google Tasks. Is this correct, or are they mixing Toodledo up with a different app? I searched in Help for "Google" and didn't find anything about Google Tasks.
GGG_7

Posted Oct 23, 2009 in: Best Offline Task Manager
  • GGG_7
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2009
There are still a lot of good applications for the Palm OS that you might like. Some fiddle with the built-in task list, such as CanDo and DateBK (4, 5 and 6). I really like Life Balance, which has its own todo list, but which can synch with the built-in list. LB also has an excellent desktop application for both Mac and Windows, and which synchronizes very well. Their site is www.llamagraphics.com and they offer 30 day trials. They also offer software for the iPhone/iPod if you want to go in that direction later on.

George