ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jonathan"
jonathan

Posted Aug 18, 2014 in: Add multiple task with one email
Score: 1
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2014
  • Score: 1
There's a forum thread started back in 2011 with quite a few "+1"s for this feature. I thought I'd turn this into a request.
jonathan

Posted Sep 20, 2013 in: wierd warning in chrome browser
Score: 2
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2013
  • Score: 2
Posted by uttsjs:
fyi ... latest "Evernote Web Clipper" update now causes this Message

Same for me on latest versions of Chrome on OSX.
jonathan

Score: 2
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
  • Score: 2
Mostly liking the change. In the concertina home screen, the set of bars including "CONTEXT", "DUE DATE", "PRIORITY" are on medium gray on light gray in small font, and they are hard to read. Similarly the text of the top left back button is hard to read as its white on light gray. Similarly, the "Search Title + Note" text in the search bar and the "Quick Add Tag" text in that bar are also hard to read in light grey on off-white.

Conversely, I'd put the curly arrow indicating repeating action in mid-grey, not black, in the main check boxes.

And, yes, the main text of the title of a task could be in a slightly smaller font to fit more of it on. (And no, I don't want to use the multi-line setting, as that takes up even more space.)

Thanks.
jonathan

Posted Sep 29, 2012 in: Siri integrating with Contexts too?
Score: 0
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2012
  • Score: 0
Thanks for adding the Siri integration feature - it makes for a much easier integration with voice input.

But I'd like to ask that you consider enabling another style of integration between Siri/Reminders and TD. Currently you match the Reminders List name to a TD Folder name, and create a new TD Folder if that name doesn't already exist. But could we also have the option of having it match @Contexts as well or instead?

Why? For some tasks, setting a Context and the title are enough; I don't need to add it to a Folder as well. And particularly for those tasks that strike me when I'm out and about and therefore using Siri, it's harder to set multiple fields for the task.

So if have a few Siri/Reminders Lists that are based on location (such as Church, Shops, College), then I'd like to be able to ask Siri to "Add <task> to College list" and it land up in TD with the @College context if there isn't a matching Folder name but there is an existing context with that name.

Would others like this too?
jonathan

Posted Sep 29, 2012 in: Linking Locations to Contexts
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2012
In late 2010, in a forum post now locked, Purveyor said:

"Contexts are broader than Locations.
Not all Contexts have a specific geographical location.

Currently, any task list can easily be filtered by Context but not by Location.

Given that someone is using Contexts to filter tasks and is using Locations to identify what is close by, it makes sense to be able to assign locations to some Contexts."

I agree: and I'm holding off using Locations until these can be linked in this way, to avoid the repetition in entry. Would others like this too?
jonathan

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Posted by mdunning:
I have the same problem as Jerry with the double-spacing (except I don't have the trash can displayed, so there is nothing on the second line).

I'm getting this as well, which is a frustration. Using FF 3.6.3 or Safari 4.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.
jonathan

Posted Nov 28, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2009
Nice style, Garfield, and it does clear up the width/spacing issues that I had with the original "Things" style.

BTW, I'm happy with the "Add Task" button. My ask would be to see how to bring some more differentiation between the 3 lines of info at the top before the column titles.

More importantly, I can't figure out how to get the userscripts within a Fluid-ised version of Toodledo to point at your hosted script. Do you know how?
jonathan

Posted Apr 22, 2008 in: iCal subscription not working
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2008
OK, my bad. I had the screen scrolled so I couldn't see the 'Submit' button, so hadn't pressed it. Feel free to delete this topic!
jonathan

Posted Apr 22, 2008 in: iCal subscription not working
  • jonathan
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2008
I've tried a few times in the last few months to get my Toodledo feed available as an iCal subscription. From the Connections page, I enable the feature, then use the iCal URL (webcal://www.toodledo.com/id/<secret>/ical_live_apple.ics) as a new subscription in iCal. But I get the following error message:

"Data downloaded from http://www.toodledo.com/id/<secret>/ical_live_apple.ic is not valid."

The same happens when I try the generic URL.

I'm using iCal on OS X 10.5.2. Other subscriptions are running fine. I'm also using gSync to sync those other subscriptions with Google Calendar.

Can anyone help, please?