ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mooskagh"
mooskagh

Score: 0
  • mooskagh
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
  • Score: 0
I understand that that is made intentionally and I do try to be careful to ensure that current view is "hotlist" while adding a task (which is what I have open most of the time, that's why sometimes I don't notice the current view is different), but sometimes I still miss that that have bitten me soooo often so that little issue is actually so disappointing that I'm considering to move to some another way of keeping list of tasks.

The most frustrating part is that that results a task to be forgotten, which reduces trust in the system.

I used to use NirvanaHq before it was ababdoned, and there were two distinct keyboard shortcuts for adding tasks, 'n' for adding into "current view" and 'a' for adding into "default folder".
mooskagh

• mooskagh
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
Is there a way to force new tasks to always have the same defaults which don't depend on the current view?

I often add tasks by just pressing 'n' (or, since recently, 'q') and typing the task description, without paying much attention on what view is currently open, so that tasks go to 'No folder' folder and I can sort/triage them later.

But if for example currently open view is some other folder, newly created task has that folder assigned to it, which almost always leads to forgotten misclasified tasks, which is very annoying.

Similar problem happens when I create tasks while looking on list of starred tasks, tasks of particular priority, etc. In my use case it usually doesn't lead to forgotten tasks, but still new unsorted task start to appear where it should not.
mooskagh

Posted Sep 20, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
  • mooskagh
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2014
Posted by Bridget:

So while there will be changes to the design in the coming future...

That's a good piece of news!

Thanks.
mooskagh

Posted Sep 19, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
  • mooskagh
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2014
I'm really glad that toodledo is being redesigned! Not that it bothered me too much, but the design clearly felt like it's from 1990s. Just peak any toodledo theme from userstyles.org -- and it would be a step into the future!

But the new start page still feels a bit like "1990s". Most probably it's because of that blue gradient on top, the rest is good.

Please remove gradients! (There are cases when gradients are nice, but bad gradient is worse than no gradient)

UPD: Sorry for being picky, but Toodledo logo is also from 1990s! Modern logos don't cast shadows and don't pretend to be 3D in other ways (compare old and new Google logo)!

This message was edited Sep 19, 2014.
mooskagh

Posted Apr 15, 2013 in: Help to find some features.
  • mooskagh
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2013
Last year I bought a year subscription of both pro version of toodledo and nirvanahq. I end up choosing only nirvana for the year, but now as subscriptions are expiring I would like to take another try with toodledo to decide what of them to extend.

Toodledo is a pretty complicated one, so there are some features which I was unable to find:

1. Sequential tasks.
If task contains several subtasks, I'd like it to be possible that only the first uncompleted task of the list is listed in views like "hotlist".
And I don't want to manually mark the first subtask of the task with star or something.

2. Task (with subtasks) template. The FAQ says I can use priority -1 for such tasks. But subtasks still have higher priorities and are shown in views.
If I make all subtasks priority -1, then when I clone the template, I need to set all of them different priority manually (and I have a template with 67 subtasks, so it's quite time consuming).

3. I try to use folders for nirvana's "Next", "Later", "Someday" categories (is that a valid usage?). The problem is again with tasks containing subtasks... If I move the task from "Later" to "Next", for example, subtasks are still in "Later".

Could anyone comment on those? Thanks.