ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Laura.H"
Laura.H

Score: 0
  • Laura.H
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2016
  • Score: 0
Following up here again because this behavior is driving me crazy and makes the iOS app pretty much useless for me. Any chance of fixing this bug sooner rather than later?
Laura.H

Posted Sep 13, 2016 in: Habits linked to tasks?
Score: 2
  • Laura.H
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2016
  • Score: 2
Is it possible to link a habit (and the tracking, don't break the chain, etc. that goes with it) to a task?

Use case: I try to establish new habits by adding them into the daily routines I already have. I have tasks set up in Toodledo for my daily routines to help keep me on track. When I want to add a new habit (say: "Take daily vitamins") I would like to have the habit tracking features of showing how often it was done or missed, etc. However, I'd like to have it as a task in my daily routines and have the habit marked as done when I check the task off - having all things in one place without having to go to two places.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Laura
Laura.H

• Laura.H
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2016
Thank you for the response Jake. As you suggest, I say this "feature" is in fact a bug. How do I report it as such?
That behavior on the iphone app is inconsistent with all the other Toodledo platforms (web, android), seems very wrong given the display settings I've chosen and it's very frustrating.
Laura.H

• Laura.H
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2016
I have a list of daily routine tasks in Toodledo set up in the context "Daily Routine".
These tasks are all set to repeat daily (after completion) and they have start dates the same day as their due date.

On all devices (web, android and iPhone - yes, I'm a multi tech user) my view settings are set to hide completed tasks and hide future tasks.

When I access this list from the web (on my laptop) or from my android device, the tasks behave as expected: When I check a task as complete, it removes the task from the current active list. (Correctly scheduling the next tasks for tomorrow, but hiding the completed task and the future - tomorrow - task.)

However: When I try to do this on my iPhone, Toodledo immediately marks todays task as complete, generates tomorrows instance AND THEN DISPLAYS BOTH TASKS ON MY LIST. This is NOT helpful!

If I back out to the main screen again, and then go back to my "Daily Routine" context, all the tasks display as expected again - completed tasks and future tasks are hidden. However, if I again check a task as complete, I get the same wrong behavior as described above. The only thing that seems to have my list hide the things I've told it to hide is to back out to the main screen, then return to the context.

Is there a fix for this? (And please don't just post a link to the filtering page under help - I've been there and it does not address the problem I am having.)

Should also add: I have the sync turned on for all options - Sync on Start/Quit, Sync on Edit, Sync TimeZone

This message was edited Sep 08, 2016.
Laura.H

Posted Feb 23, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 4
  • Laura.H
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2015
  • Score: 4
I scanned this thread and saw some folks stating ideas along this line, but thought I'd add my thoughts as well:

I do like the habits feature. An huge possible improvement: I would appreciate the OPTION to have a habit included on my task list.

For example:
I am trying to establish the habit of "Empty the Dishwasher" as part of my morning routine. I have my morning routine in my tasks because it helps keep me focused to go down the list and check off each action. Currently, "Empty Dishwasher" is just a task, so I see it on my list, and check it off when I accomplish it. However, since there is no tracking, not "chain", I am a lot more tempted to skip this new habit. It would be VERY helpful to have this tracked as the habits are - to see the chain, see how often I'm doing the habit, etc. That way, it would be part of my morning routine task list (which I consult first thing each morning) but also have the encouragement and accountability of being tracked, % sucess, etc.

I have other habits (tracking weight for example) that I would not want to have show up on my task list.

Therefore: It would be very helpful to me if there was an option within the habits section to say "include this as a task" or "keep in habits section only".

Thanks for considering! :)

Smiles,
Laura