ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Martin Saxer"
Martin Saxer

Posted Aug 05, 2023 in: Notes Format Changed
Score: 0
Note that this only seems to occur on the "legacy" ToodleDo, which I still use since I don't like how the new calendar view looks. The "new" version looks correct for both issues I mention below. I would have imagined that the legacy version would remain unchanged so I expect this change is accidental.

I've noticed the same thing in the notes section of a todo. This is a usability regression.

There's also been a change in the size of text when editing a todo's date/time. Date and time used to be on a single line, now the time is on a separate line from the date. Looks wonky, but is still editable.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other minor changes that I didn't notice.
Martin Saxer

Thanks for creating and sharing your Greasemonkey script. After making a few minor personal tweaks I agree it makes TD nicer to look at.
Martin Saxer

Thanks for the explanation of the new process Jake. I'm sure I can adjust to that quickly enough...or switch to using the quick add feature.

No idea why "n" isn't working for me. I've got keyboard shortcuts enabled and the Chrome windows has focus. Hmm...the keyboard shortcut works in a Chrome Incognito window so it looks like there must be an extension interfering somehow. Has something changed with how keyboard shortcuts are implemented? The old-style Tasks keyboard shortcuts work with my current (likely overly large) set of Chrome extensions.
Martin Saxer

Score: 1
This one is easy to show, but might be a bit hard to describe. I'm using Chrome 56.0.2924.87

In the old UI:
To create a new task I press "n", type a task name, tab, first letter of context, tab, first letter of location, press enter. Easy peasy and done!

In the new UI:
"n" doesn't work (nor does "?" to show keyboard shortcuts) so I click the Add Task button with my mouse, type a task name, tab, argh....now I have to use my mouse to set the remaining task details. While I suppose I could use the Quick Add Task feature I'd like the ability to use the regular task add with only the keyboard.

Thanks,
Martin
Martin Saxer

Score: 2
If a user clicks down the icons on the left side of the screen one by one the list of tasks stays in the same spot horizontally except for on the calendar view where it suddenly is pushed out to the right to display the very wide calendar.

I like the functionality of the new calendar, but it is far too large. It seems like it could be narrowed to the width of the calendar in the old Tasks layout with the number of tasks replacing the dots (good idea!).

Thanks,
Martin
Martin Saxer

Posted Feb 11, 2016 in: Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
Nice idea.

I'm seeing odd behavior when I try this. After I click on the toolbar button and start populating the fields under "custom" the URL and title magically switch to another tab I have open. I haven't played with it to much to figure out the rhyme or reason behind the change.