Search results for "Posted by kirbyg"
kirbyg

Posted Apr 17, 2012 in: iPhone lock screen prevention
Score: 0
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2012
  • Score: 0
Thank you!

Having you add it to the "to be considered" list, that's all I ask. :)
kirbyg

Posted Apr 17, 2012 in: iPhone lock screen prevention
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest (yeah, I know, the list is long) one tiny modification:

Can you have a setting that prevents the iphone from timing out and locking when a list screen is up? I use ToodleDo for shopping all the time, and my iPhone has mandatory screen timeout (it's provided by work) so I am always having to unlock the phone to continue. I also want to be able to have toodledo up on screen while it is in the charger on my desk, without locking every couple of minutes.

There are a number of apps that have a "Don't lock the phone while this app is running" feature. It's apparently just one line of code:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/2314-how-programmatically-prevent-auto-lock.html

I'd love this as a feature, and it doesn't seem to onerous to add.

Thanks for a cool app.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2012.
kirbyg

Posted Sep 19, 2011 in: Subtasks in Public Shares
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply!
kirbyg

Posted Sep 19, 2011 in: Subtasks in Public Shares
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2011
Hi there!

I searched the forums, and all I could find was a "We'll look at that" from 2009.

I have a number of tasks with subtasks in a folder that I'd like to share publicly. However, when I use the public link, the tasks show up as a flat unordered list.

I'm not looking for public collaboration or anything, just to be able to display the list to people with subtasks as it was created.

Possible?
kirbyg

• kirbyg
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2010
Isn't this essentially the same as using tags?
kirbyg

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: TIP: Create a List of Common Tags
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2010
No other suggestions, but I think multiple "tag tasks" is a fine solution.

The character limit for tags is a bit annoying, but the workaround is simple and once done you should never have to do it again.
kirbyg

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: TIP: Create a List of Common Tags
Score: 6
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
  • Score: 6
I have a small list of tasks at any given time, which can be one of many different tags.

I want to keep the list of tags around so my tags are consistent but I may not have a todo item for every tag at any given time.

To make sure I can always choose from the popup list, I just created a todo item called "Tag Master", gave it a priority of -1 so it never shows up anywhere important, and then gave it one of every tag that I want to use.

Now when I create a new todo, I know the tag choice list will be correctly populated and I don't need to remember my tags.
kirbyg

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: Question about future items
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Saved searches do EXACTLY what I was looking for.

For some reason I missed them completely. The ability to save the search only shows up once you've run the search, and I missed it.

Thanks everyone, this was very useful.
kirbyg

Posted Aug 18, 2010 in: Question about future items
Score: -1
  • kirbyg
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2010
  • Score: -1
Hi folks,

I have some todo items that are 6 or 8 months in the future. I'd like to hide those, based on the setting in my Account Settings.

I have some todo items that happen later this week. I'd like to see those.

Is there any way to do this?

In playing around with it, it looks to me like "hide future tasks" hides anything more than a day in advance *as well as* anything that's over the limit set in the Account Settings.

I guess I'm not sure what the point of setting a limit in Account Settings, when the toggle is basically "Turn off everything more than a day in advance" and "Turn on everything".

I'd really like to see everything, EXCEPT those that are due in 6 months, but I can't figure it out.